Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Ranked #20 for Best Cities 2012

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus Ranked #20 for Best Cities 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

America’s 50 Best Cities

By Alex Konrad on September 26, 2012

Columbus, Ohio

Population: 796,520

Columbus excels in education as the home of Ohio State University, which keeps life flowing through Ohio’s largest city and state capital. That helps support historic neighborhoods such as German Village, whose Schiller Park recently celebrated its bicentennial and hosted a speech by President Barack Obama. Columbus, Ohio’s best city on our list, can also take pride in its zoo, well known for its longtime director emeritus, Jack Hanna.

READ MORE: http://images.businessweek.com/slideshows/2012-09-26/americas-50-best-cities#slide32

bjones7
    Participant

Poor article! I would put us around 17-18, not 20. You can tell that the person who wrote this article on Columbus, has NEVER been to Columbus! I’ve always felt like OSU has over shadow everything else Columbus exceeds in and this article proves that outsiders think this. However the interesting thing is out of all the top 20 cities, Columbus has the lowest unemployment.

geoyui
    Participant

bjones7 said:
    Poor article! I would put us around 17-18, not 20. You can tell that the person who wrote this article on Columbus, has NEVER been to Columbus! I’ve always felt like OSU has over shadow everything else Columbus exceeds in and this article proves that outsiders think this. However the interesting thing is out of all the top 20 cities, Columbus has the lowest unemployment.

The first sentence skews the article:

Columbus excels in education as the home of Ohio State University, which keeps life flowing through Ohio’s largest city and state capital.

Wished they used a photo of the city from the west side. Glad to see us there nonetheless.

bjones7
    Participant

geoyui said:
    The first sentence skews the article:

Columbus excels in education as the home of Ohio State University, which keeps life flowing through Ohio’s largest city and state capital.

Wished they used a photo of the city from the west side. Glad to see us there nonetheless.

Your right, a better photo is needed. However that what you get when you write a article about Columbus with Google Images and Wikipedia.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Eh. These lists are usually fluff pieces. Gotta take them for what they’re worth…

NerosNeptune
    Participant

Wasn’t there a generic Columbus Ranks ___ for ____ thread to dump all these bloomberg rankings into?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

NerosNeptune said:
    Wasn’t there a generic Columbus Ranks ___ for ____ thread to dump all these bloomberg rankings into?

Caleb made one to throw a bunch of stuff in at once. It’s mostly a joke thread though:

Columbus ranked # ____ in ______ Thread

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

yes, I created it (: haha and 20?!? What? Lol I’d put as a #10

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE