Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Pride 2011 and Events

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Columbus Pride 2011 and Events

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Presented by Stonewall Columbus, Columbus Pride celebrates its 30th anniversary this season. The 2011 Columbus Pride Festival takes place on June 17 and 18 in Goodale Park, and the Columbus Pride Parade will be held on June 18 in downtown Columbus and the Short North. Visit columbuspride.org for more information.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Spinelli’s Deli Hosts Pride Art Reception On June 2
    -Alexandra Kelley

COLUMBUS (April 27, 2011) — Spinelli’s Deli, in partnership with Stonewall Columbus, will host a free Pride Art Reception at its downtown location on Thursday, June 2 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. The reception will feature artwork by five local gay and lesbian artists — as well as free food, wine, and beer. DJ Max of BPM Productions will spin dance music.

Participating artists for the Pride Art Show at Spinelli’s include boudoir photographer Taryn Cook; spiritual painter and photographer Heather “Squish” Cornelius; contemporary painter Dan Givens; sports photographer David Monseur; and cityscapes photographer Matthew Vant. The Pride Art Show will be on display through late July.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

FunAroundColumbus wrote:

The Columbus Pride Festival, slated for Fri., June 17 through Sun., June 19, celebrates 30 years this summer. Attracting more than 100,000 visitors, Columbus holds one of the 10 largest gay pride celebrations in the country. Stonewall Columbus uses the event to raise funds to support its pursuit of fairness, equality and safety for the GLBT community.

The annual event includes a festival, rally and parade, which takes place at noon, Sat., June 18. June 19 features a Pride Brunch and the Columbus Lesbian and Gay Softball Association’s wildly colorful and popular Bat n’ Rouge softball game.

Other activities to help celebrate Pride Month include the annual Run/Walk for Pride 5K on June 11, the 30th Anniversary Celebration Party June 13 at Hubbard Grill and Pride Art Shows at First Community Bank and Spinelli’s Deli. In addition, Columbus Crew (Major League Soccer) and Columbus Blue Jackets (National Hockey League) Gay Nights throughout their seasons. Columbus is very proud of its Gay Men’s Chorus, founded in 1990, which will perform at Pride Festival.

For more Pride Celebration activities and event information visit columbuspride.org. Complete travel information can be found at experiencecolumbus.com/glbt.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Making The Boys, a Pride movie event with Stonewall
    Thursday, June 2 at 7:00pm

More Info
    Reception at 7 pm, film at 8pm
    Light Appetizers and Cash Bar with Drink Specials – Tickets $6
    Benefiting Stonewall Columbus and the Columbus International Film+Video Festival

MAKING THE BOYS tells the story of Mart Crowley’s groundbreaking play “The Boys in the Band” – from overnight sensation on Broadway, to Hollywood’s first gay movie, to cultural landmark and worldwide phenomenon – all the while having a complicated and sometime…s controversial relationship with the gay community. No one could have guessed the impact that a small Off-Broadway production would have on the social climate of the 1960s… not to mention how important and monumental it was to gay people at the time, many of whom were still in the closet. MAKING THE BOYS features illuminating and entertaining footage from the period, interwoven with extensive interviews with Crowley, William Friedkin, the Oscar-winning director of the BOYS movie, and a host of luminaries inluding Dominick Dunne, Tony Kushner, Terrence McNally, Edward Albee, Dan Savage, Robert Wagner and many others.

CRITIC’S PICK! “Captivating and entertaining…sometimes you don’t have to go very far into the past to be amazed at how drastically things have changed. ‘Making the Boys’ is fascinating recent history and a fascinating personal story as well.”
    – Neil Genzlinger, The New York Times

Facebook RSVP

SusanB
    Participant

^ Drink specials for reception before “Making The Boys”. Free food as well:

The Stonewall
    A delicious concoction of locally made Tessora Limone liqueur and Oyo Honey Vanilla Vodka mixed with Godiva Chocolate Liqueur. $5.75

Hair of the Dog
    Tanqueray Gin, Lemon Juice, Tobasco and a slice of chili pepper. Cures the most forgettable of nights in Bangkok. $4.50

Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy

Get a taste of the freshest flavor under the sun- Leinenkeugel’s Summer Shandy. The light, crisp flavor makes it a great summer refresher. $3.50

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Bakery Gingham Pride Week special!

Stop into Bakery Gingham Tuesday, June 14th for our Red, Red Velvet cupcake. We are donating $1 per Red Velvet cupcake sold to Equality Ohio. Each cupcake is garnished with a Pride Flag!

Urbanboi

So excited for Pride this weekend! Im sure it will be the biggest turn out ever! The Flash choir at Columbus Commons was pretty awesome as well over 1,000 people turned out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQiex7pOuw8

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Wow! Nice crowd for the flash choir! ;)

ohiogirlie74

No Matter which way you swing, the Pride Parade is one of the most entertaining events (not exactly kid-friendly, though) to see all summer long!

patient_zero
    Participant

ohiogirlie74 wrote >>
    No Matter which way you swing, the Pride Parade is one of the most entertaining events (not exactly kid-friendly, though) to see all summer long!

And the drag softball thing Bat N’ Rouge on Sunday. The wickedly funny mc’s acerbically commenting on the players and each other makes for a fun afternoon. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed harder than at one of these games.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via Outlook’s email newsletter:

Get ready for The Big Gay Dance Party by downloading our new Pride Mix!

The 2011 outlook Pride Mix: The 30 Years & Still Loving It
    by dj moxy

Get your copy here: http://www.mediafire.com/?virp5kkao21eapu

the official outlook 2011 pride mix includes:
    1. trans europe express (moxy edit) – kraftwerk
    2. stuff me up (moxy edit) – peaches
    3. open heart surgery – beth ditto
    4. rapper’s delight (van she remix) – dan the automator
    5. cars that go boom – l’trimm
    6. supersonic – jj fad
    7. freek ‘n you (mk dub) – jodeci
    8. show me love – robin s.
    9. dancin’ on my own (fred falke remix) – robyn
    10. sun of a gun (savage skulls remix) – oh land
    11. stomp (only children remix) – brothers johnson
    12. prick stick (original mix) – louis la roche
    13. my feelings for you (avicii & sebastien drums remix) – treasure fingers
    14. turbo love (light year remix) – bag raiders
    15. interleave (XXXchange 1993 remix) – WIN WIN feat. Alexis Taylor
    16. the suspense is killing me – boy 8 bit
    17. watching you (dub version) – savage skulls feat. tony senghore & sprinkle juice
    18. we speak american (jay robinson remix) – no body
    19. rhythm of the night (dave wrangler remix) – fukkk offf feat. corona
    20. cold hearted snake (discotech mix) – paula abdul
    21. call my name (spencer & hill remix) – sultan & ned shepard feat. nadia ali
    22. forever (radio edit) – wolfgang gartner feat. WILL.i.am
    23. get involved 2011 (adam f and herve stadium kaos mix) – ginuwine, timbaland, missy elliot
    24. american trash (porter robinson remix) – innerpartysystem
    25. lights (bassnectar remix) – ellie goulding

Get your copy here: http://www.mediafire.com/?virp5kkao21eapu

bman
    Participant

Urbanboi wrote >>
    So excited for Pride this weekend! Im sure it will be the biggest turn out ever! The Flash choir at Columbus Commons was pretty awesome as well over 1,000 people turned out!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQiex7pOuw8

Thanks Urbanboi for sharing!!!

berdawn

From JoeMyGod:
    “Saying “Happy Pride!” is really just a shorter, easier way of saying “Congratulations on not being driven completely batshit insane! Way to go for not taking a rifle into a tower and taking out half the town! Well done, being YOURSELF!”

people211

Just a quick video of the Short North at 2am on Saturday night.. Looked more like peak time during the Gallery Hop..

bman
    Participant

people211 wrote >>

Just a quick video of the Short North at 2am on Saturday night.. Looked more like peak time during the Gallery Hop..

People, I can relate … we were heading back home after being out right about that time Saturday night. I hope a good weekend was had by all, I know I did.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: