Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Police

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus Police

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)
  • Author

e8453b

Do you think Columbus Police care about City Neighborhoods?

In our Neighborhood we had a intoxicated person damage 5 cars,and damaged personal property.We had seven witnesses, but the police treated

the neighbors with a callous attitude. They would not arrest the criminal until I called the news media. The typical response from the

police is they did not witness the crime. Just wanted to know if other people have some of the same frustrations with the police.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’m with N.W.A. on this topic.

lifeliberty
    Participant

e8453b

misskitty
    Participant

Interesting you should ask because I was just pondering this question the other day.
    I’ll give a few examples and we can compare

– I know 5 people this month alone that have had their houses broken into. Two were asleep when it happened. The other three were not home they were day breaks.
    At one of the scenes criminals left blood behind on a broken window. What did the police say? ” well there is not much we can do with that”
    ….. ok then

So if your home is robbed do they finger print? Not on the West side they don’t. Even if you show them prints they don’t take them.

Someone a few doors down from me has a new pill/crack head living with them. The other day she runs up into my other neighbors house 2 doors down from her where a women is on her death bed grabbed her pain killers and ran out. Pretty effin brazen right
    cops were called , cops never showed up.

Do they care ? I think some do care but I think they don’t give a crap about property crime as much as they should and surly not in the less wealthy areas.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>
    I’m with N.W.A. on this topic.

+1
    I just try to avoid any interaction with them at all. IME, they have contempt for the very people they are supposed to “protect and serve”. They treat law abiding citizens like criminals.
    Best advice I can offer to protect you and your family is to get a concealed carry permit.

lifeliberty
    Participant

CSI TV shows have ruined what people should normally expect from the police and courts.

e8453b

lifeliberty wrote >>
    CSI TV shows have ruined what people should normally expect from the police and courts.

I know our police are tired understaffed and overworked. My problem
    is they treated me like a criminal and gave total respect to the
    thief. The Police did not want to take a report, even though we had 7
    witnesses to the crime.I guess we should have taken care of the thief.
    Why did the police make an arrest, only after I called the News Media?

rus
    rus
    Participant

Porky wrote >>
    Best advice I can offer to protect you and your family is to get a concealed carry permit.

Good move.

lifeliberty
    Participant

I don’t know. I don’t know of your situation, nor do I speak for the police. I can just tell you my experiences with them, which to date, has always met or exeeded expectations. What part of town is this? Not that it should make a difference on how you were treated, but there may be a workload and priority difference compared to other parts of town.

e8453b

misskitty wrote >>
    Interesting you should ask because I was just pondering this question the other day.
    I’ll give a few examples and we can compare
    – I know 5 people this month alone that have had their houses broken into. Two were asleep when it happened. The other three were not home they were day breaks.
    At one of the scenes criminals left blood behind on a broken window. What did the police say? ” well there is not much we can do with that”
    ….. ok then
    So if your home is robbed do they finger print? Not on the West side they don’t. Even if you show them prints they don’t take them.
    Someone a few doors down from me has a new pill/crack head living with them. The other day she runs up into my other neighbors house 2 doors down from her where a women is on her death bed grabbed her pain killers and ran out. Pretty effin brazen right
    cops were called , cops never showed up.
    Do they care ? I think some do care but I think they don’t give a crap about property crime as much as they should and surly not in the less wealthy areas.

You are correct. We have witnessed a total different attitude with
    the Police in German Village ,contrast that with a attitude of apathy on the East Side Of Parson

lifeliberty
    Participant

for more CPD info and to get involved in crime patrol, see http://www.columbuspolice.org/CommunityInteraction/CitizensAcademy.html

misskitty
    Participant

lifeliberty wrote >>

While this is true I think they could put forth just a little bit of effort.
    Most people that break in homes are not first time criminals a lot have records. So if there is blatant sings of offender blood or finger prints maybe they should consider collecting those should those prints come up in another break in it’s more charges. This seems to me like a logical and intelligent thing to do.

The other day someone rolled up that has current pending charges for B&E and RSP. He tried to sell me a 2010 HP notebook for 150 I am willing to bet someone is missing that sucker right now.

Coy
    Participant

You are correct. We have witnessed a total different attitude with
    the Police in German Village ,contrast that with a attitude of apathy on the East Side Of Parson

I don’t now, I lived in GV for two years and have had all the same issues in the Discovery District/OTE…
    Parsons is a warzone, basically.
    That being said, I’ve got to give this cop a shout out for a job well done:
    http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/germanvillage/stories/2010/09/29/Determined-cop-nabs-burglary-suspect-in-German-Village.html?sid=104

e8453b

lifeliberty wrote >>
    for more CPD info and to get involved in crime patrol, see http://www.columbuspolice.org/CommunityInteraction/CitizensAcademy.html

We have a very active block watch. I lived in Ganthers Place on the South Side of Columbus. We are on the East side of Parson’s. German
    Village is just West of Ganthers Place. City Council has contacted me
    about this latest incident. We want to be treated with respect, and receive the same police response that German Village has. Our Area has
    greatly improved in the last eight years. We have young families
    moving here, new parks, new businesses, we want to sustain our progress, but we need help from CPD,we are doing our part.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE