Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus PD blames pedestrians for getting hit by cars

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Columbus PD blames pedestrians for getting hit by cars

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

WHAT? Sure if the pedestrian would have stayed in the house they would have survived but that doesn’t make them responsible for their death. I’m not sure how you can argue that they aren’t attempting to lay all responsibility on pedestrians. This to me signals that CPD sees pedestrian’s lives as the sole responsibility of the pedestrian, not the driver. We need a major shift in tone.

I wish the CPD had that mentality with the red light cameras… It would’ve saved me from a $95 rolling-right-on-red ticket at Main & 4th a few years ago.

Robertsd937
    Participant

None of this surprises me. Columbus PD could come up with a scoring system of cars vs pedestrians (think Cherry 2000 and Death Race 2000), post it online, and claim with a straight face its in the public’s best interest.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

You guys are mostly talking about urban situations, but get out on the township roads where there’s no provision at all for pedestrians, just a ditch. For example, try walking Godown Road north from Bethel. Or, Case Road past the OSU airport.

They only recently installed a sidewalk and bike path along Henderson; it used to be just a dirt goat path next to a 50 mph road.

Ray Bradbury, 1951: The Pedestrian

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pedestrian

OneBagTravel
    Participant

i walk all over town and 9 times out of 10 i cross at a cross walk with the signal. i come across drivers not aware of me crossing at least once a month. it’s either they’re too much in a hurry to slow down the 4 seconds it takes me to get to the other side or they’re looking the other way while turning.

but i also see people jay walking all over the place and I can see that being an issue too.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO