Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus once again in the New York Times

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus once again in the New York Times

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 227 total)
  • Author

JonMyers
    Participant

killian, the funny thing is there are an army of people (CCAD), that would do this stuff for free.

Bourdain/ Ruhlman-gate:

Columbus: Important enough to be dissed on national T.V.
    Columbus: Bourdain broke our hearts.
    Columbus: Tony didn’t notice how pretty we are.

econJoe
    Participant

redfish-bluefish wrote >>
    Pride-
    Columbus: Gayer than you imagined.
    Columbus: Rebuilding the core one gayborhood at a time.
    Columbus: Mid-Western Pride.

I actually kind of like all three of those, lol.

killian.15
    Participant

JonMyers wrote >>
    killian, the funny thing is there are an army of people (CCAD), that would do this stuff for free.

Yah, get some students in art and graphic design to create something for the city. I would think they could create something just as well as a marketing company, but be more in tune to what the image of the city actually is.

JonMyers
    Participant

killian, lucky for the designer or marketing company who produced the Experience Columbus logo and identity they don’t live in North Korea, they’d be subjected to 6 hours of public ridicule and sentenced to constructions jobs.

It’s absolutely awful and doesn’t have to be.

What’s a shame is when these type of opportunities arise and are squandered when a reader of the NY Times clicks through and sees sites like ExperienceColumbus.com

rus
    rus
    Participant

KyleEzell wrote >>
    Indefinable / Undefined is totally authentic, not manufactured, and true.

You end up with everyone seeing what they want to see.

Some see us as San Francisco on the Scioto ( pride parades, taxes ) others as Chicago’s little brother ( insurance, banking )… guess some would like to see us more like Cleveland ( but if that’s such a nice place to visit, how come no one wants to live there? ).

So, Columbus. Rorschach test.

Out of curiosity what are slogans of other cities. I ask because I seriously can’t name one. I know both Ausitn and Portland like to say “keep X weird,” certainly not a city marketing deal just something the citizenry like to say. In the end, I guess it would be cool if the city had a decent marketing slogan, but in the end, does it matter? Would anyone remember it anyhow?

anillo
    Participant

I know the 2 city slogans, Reno and Las Vegas. And the only reason I know the former is because of Reno 911.

anillo wrote >>
    I know the 2 city slogans, Reno and Las Vegas. And the only reason I know the former is because of Reno 911.

I stand corrected, I didn’t think about it, but yes, I do know both those. I should have noted those two.

daniel

Bear
    Participant

Commercial: Guy at a county fair, walks over to his pickup, drives out to meet his boyfriend at Kihachi where they order tuna collar and a beer.

Columbus: Cognitive Dissonance Capitol of the Midwest

Rockmastermike
    Participant

I like the one from the tripped-out science fiction series LEXX

“Ohio: A nice place to live”

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

daniel wrote >>

Well done! ;)

daniel

it’s not mine. i just recall seeing it posted last year.

wassan

Columbus is a darling town, with a lot to offer. Its poorly marketed (as is most of Ohio). However, in my opinion, diversity is SO not one of it’s strong points.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 227 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE