Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus once again in the New York Times

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus once again in the New York Times

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 227 total)
  • Author

chaptal
    Participant

Quick, what do you think about when you hear the words, “Columbus, Ohio?”

This ought to get interesting. Looks like the same old people with the same old lack of ideas were interviewed.

colrex7

my favorite line… “Columbus: We Are So Not Ohio.”

heresthecasey
    Participant

Wow. The Santa Maria is really looking a little rough for wear these days.

misskitty
    Participant

LOL “Surprise, It’s Columbus.”
    When did this happen?

colrex7

misskitty wrote >>
    LOL “Surprise, It’s Columbus.”
    When did this happen?

I was wondering the same thing…

drew
    Participant

I love this quote from the director of Experience Columbus:

“We are a diverse, youthful, knowledge-based community that is open to new ideas coming in,” Mr. Astleford said. “That has not been the tradition in the Midwest.”

Now lets look at how EC reflects this very smart and forward-thinking sentiment visually:

It makes me weep. I can’t imagine how much damage that godforsaken logo has done to perceptions of the city.

I *suspect* that someone thought that the design was clever in suggesting the architecture of the convention center through color and geometry. It doesn’t – certainly not to anyone who hasn’t seen the convention center, and probably not even to most who have.

It’s just bad. I’ve seen carny signs I could take more seriously, but this… this represents our city!

rus
    rus
    Participant

Exactly. The font on that logo should be something serious. Like papyrus.

What?

catnfiddle
    Participant

“To your heart through your stomach.”

johnwirtz
    Participant

Following the Indianapolis model? How many people knew that Indianapolis was the “Amateur Sports Capitol of the World” before you read that article? If Indy’s slogan hasn’t even penetrated the states next door, I don’t think that’s the model to follow.

I don’t know that Columbus needs a slogan. Just start doing cool stuff and it will get known for whatever turns out best.

cc

“Columbus. we plan on doing cool stuff” ;)

cc

I also have to agree that it may be time to turn the Santa Maria into reef.

Maybe it’ll bring recreational divers into the Scioto.

Columbusite

Umm, the people in charge of marketing Columbus are, pardon my Flemish, fucking retards. That’s precisely why that article exists, but let’s keep throwing money at these people. Reality check: you’re so not Columbus.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

catnfiddle wrote >>
    “To your heart through your stomach.”

I think this sums it up nicely. When I think of why I love it here, it mostly comes down to the food.

JonMyers
    Participant

Talcott

JonMyers wrote >>

Aside from the fonts, that actually looks a lot better than the real one ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 227 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE