Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Needs a New City Flag

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus Needs a New City Flag

Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

The Dispatch is in the mix now… featuring Nini’s flag as the focus of the story:
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/life_and_entertainment/2015/11/24/1-blundo-city-flag.html
    columbus new flag nini

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The Dispatch is in the mix now… featuring Nini’s flag as the focus of the story

Yeah, that was a great story… three weeks ago when we wrote it…

http://www.columbusunderground.com/columbus-flag-ms1

:P

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Josh Miller wrote:</div>
    The Dispatch is in the mix now… featuring Nini’s flag as the focus of the story

Yeah, that was a great story… three weeks ago when we wrote it…

http://www.columbusunderground.com/columbus-flag-ms1

:P

I’ve been noticing an increase in coincidental timing from the ol’ D more and more…

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

A New Flag for New Zealand?
    Voters selected a black-and-blue design as a possible replacement for their current national banner.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/12/new-zealand-flag-referendum/420180/?utm_source=SFFB

johnwirtz
    Participant

That’s pretty funny. I think my flag pre-dates the Donatos flag, so they must have copied me.

welkstar
    Participant

So hey did ya’ll see that new Crew kit

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

yeah it looks better as a uni than a flag, guess the crew didn’t get the Nini/Wirtz memo

Mike88
    Participant

So hey did ya’ll see that new Crew kit

It’s a disaster, if we didn’t need a reason before now the flag must change!
    It’s destroying lives!!!!!

…or at least my favorite team’s jerseys

OneBagTravel
    Participant

When you read about the uniform breakdown it makes it seem like it was designed by committee.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

always hated the black and gold, too Pittsburgh for me, like the ADHD inspired unis very european and designy.

DouginCMH
    Participant

It’s an abomination. The shirt is weak enough on its own, but pairing it with blue shorts makes the overall design absolutely hellish.

Fortunately, this design is only meant to survive one year.

Mike88
    Participant

always hated the black and gold, too Pittsburgh for me, like the ADHD inspired unis very european and designy.

I have grown to love the Black and Gold, our brand is unique in the league. Those Yellow jerseys streaking around the field is great!

I hate the red and blue on this thing. The jersey on it’s own isn’t the worst I’ve ever seen (though I don’t think it’s particularly good) but the fact that all of the Crew’s major rivals wear red makes this thing and abomination.

Crew don’t wear red.

You’re right though, this looks very european as far as jerseys go. Hopefully we don’t have to suffer it too much this season haha.

Mike88
    Participant

Was visiting PR over the last week and got a bit of inspiration from one of the flags I saw flying down in the cemetery down in San Juan. So here is my very poorly rendered idea for a Cbus flag revamp. It’s pretty similar to a lot of the others around here.

I could take or leave the blue star in the middle but hey, cross for the crossroads of the state, star for the capital and red and yellow because they’re our existing flag colors.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 13 posts - 91 through 103 (of 103 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: