Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Microbrew Festival 2013

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Columbus Microbrew Festival 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Columbus Microbrew Festival Presented by Heartland Bank

Friday, September 13 – Sunday, September 15, 2013

Columbus, Ohio- The North Market hosted Columbus’ first all-Ohio-brewed craft beer festival in 2006 with six capital city breweries sampling their locally brewed beers inside the market building. In the event each subsequent year we have added a brewery or two. Last year we had finally outgrown our indoor space and moved the event outside to Spruce Street adjacent to the market. We’re back on the street again this year bigger and better than ever with a record TWENTY Ohio breweries from around the state participating in the eighth annual Columbus Microbrew Festival. From north to south and a whole lot of central Ohio, the North Market brings Ohio’s craft brewers to Columbus to share their wares the weekend of September 13-15. Many thanks to the sponsors of the Columbus Microbrew Festival including our new presenting sponsor Heartland Bank as well as Columbus Alive, Heidelberg Distributing, Superior Beverage Group and Yelp Columbus.

Participating Ohio microbreweries include: Barley’s Brewing Company (Columbus), Barley’s Smokehouse & Brewpub (Columbus), Buckeye Lake Brewery(Buckeye Lake), Columbus Brewing Company(Columbus), Elevator Brewing Company (Columbus),Elevator Brewery Draught Haus (Columbus), Four String Brewing Company (Columbus), Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant (Columbus), Great Black Swamp Brewing Company (Toledo), Great Lakes Brewing Company (Cleveland), Homestead Beer Company(Heath), Hoof Hearted Brewing (Marengo), Lagerheads Brewing Company (Medina), Mt. Carmel Brewing Company (Cincinnati), North High Brewing(Columbus), Ohio Brewing Company (Akron), Seventh Son Brewing (Columbus),Thirsty Dog Brewing Company (Akron) and Weasel Boy Brewing Company(Zanesville). Representatives from each microbrewery will be on hand to answers questions about their signature drafts.

READ MORE: http://www.northmarket.com/activities-and-events/2013-09-13/columbus-microbrew-festival

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coming up on Saturday! Hop between this and the Moonlight Market with CoGo! ;)

Gil Ligg

The Actual Brewing Company is not on the list. Clearly something is up with that brewery, contrary to what the owner says.

duncanfj
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:
    The Actual Brewing Company is not on the list. Clearly something is up with that brewery, contrary to what the owner says.

Whatcha using to beat that there dead horse with? 2×4? Mace?

chaptal
    Participant

Gil Ligg said:

Did you take the facilities tour the owner invited you to?

Gil Ligg

yes.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some smaller/newer brewers couldn’t meet the minimum commitment to the North Market. When we first opened (almost 21 years ago) we didn’t even have kegs the first year or so. I bet if there would have been internetz back then, we’d have been told that we were clearly doomed.

chaptal
    Participant

Clearly.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Zauber is also not participating. I’d love to hear the Gil Ligg conspiracy theory as to why that is.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Zauber posted on FB the other day that they couldn’t make the keg minimum. :)

actualfred
    Participant

Gil Ligg, we only had three guests last week, were you one of them? Is the secret to your identity worth a Westy XII to a troll hunter?

So, we are not participating in the Columbus Microbrew festival mostly because of the keg minimum. Mary Martineau and I talked about this decision and it wasn’t easy to make. She even lowered the keg minimum (because of the high number of participants) but it just screws too many people. It screws people that buy tickets to try already sold-out beer and it screws that customers that won’t get our kegs that following week. Twenty kegs = lots of screwing.

Imagine me, on a hot date with you at The Columbus Brewing Company Restaurant and I’m unable to order Actual Brewing Lemongrass Saison? FORCED, I’d buy Bohdi, and you can’t just buy one. I’d be drunk and your date would be RUINED. Twenty kegs = your happiness.

Were you actually here? Either way, I did not give you your pint.

roy
    Participant

Gil Legg seems to have a little crush on Fred, hey don’t feel bad Gil, I do too, he’s so freaking lovable!

It’s best to acknowledge your feelings instead of using alarming CU posts to get his attention, Fred’s managed plenty of crushes and can handle yours no problem.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

actualfred said:
    Is the secret to your identity worth a Westy XII to a troll hunter?

Damn. I’d gladly bring you his/her head on a stake for that prize.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

roy said:
    Gil Legg seems to have a little crush on Fred, hey don’t feel bad Gil, I do too, he’s so freaking lovable!

I think it’s a clear case of raging beard envy.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

I wonder if any brewers are planning on anything special?
    CBC’s Super Secret Stash was the stuff legends are made of, epic!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: