Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Mayoral Race 2015

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Columbus Mayoral Race 2015

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 533 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Maybe I’m naive but the Koch brother’s involvement in the mayor’s race is a twist I didn’t quite see coming.

Well, they did take part in the zoo levy last year…

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/05/10/columbus-koch-brothers-zoo-levy.html

NDaEast
    Participant

Not only did I get a flyer from the Koch brother’s American’s For Prosperity about Ginther and tax abatements I got a phone call from them asking if I got the flyer.

Maybe I’m naive but the Koch brother’s involvement in the mayor’s race is a twist I didn’t quite see coming.

Everybody hates Andy? (Playing off of Everybody Hates Chris) You can be on the left or on the right, and Andy has offended your principles (because he doesn’t have any).

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Did you hear Coleman is running after all?

Oh wait, sorry….

News
    Participant

WOSU’s Mike Thompson questions the four men running for Columbus Mayor – Terry Boyd, Andrew Ginther, James Ragland and Zach Scott

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

First thought: Terry Boyd wants City Center back…with a grocery store and a couple clubs?!?

MHJ
    Participant

First thought: Terry Boyd wants City Center back…with a grocery store and a couple clubs?!?

When he said that, I think I threw up in my mouth a little. What an absolutely horrible candidate.

JamesF
    Participant

Mayoral Candidates Forum
    April 14 6:00-7:30pm
    Sawyer Auditorium
    Neighborhood House, Inc.
    1000 Atcheson

https://www.facebook.com/events/803930633030061/

NOTE: All five listed candidates have confirmed!

This is a community initiative in collaboration with
    The Neighborhood House, Inc.
    Franklin Park Civic Association
    Woodland Park Neighborhood Association
    Eastgate Garden Civic Association
    Long Street Business Association
    King-Lincoln Bronzeville Association
    Olde Towne East Neighborhood Association
    Mt. Vernon Avenue District Improvement Association
    St. John’s Learning Center

Refreshments provided by Caresource Health Insurance Agency

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

News
    Participant

Columbus School Data Scandal Bleeds Into Mayoral Primary Campaign
    April 8, 2015
    by Tom Borgerding

The race for Columbus mayor includes two candidates who served on the Columbus school board when indications first surfaced of a data manipulation scheme. During a debate on WOSU’s Columbus on the Record, those candidates defended their school board service.

READ MORE: http://wosu.org/2012/news/2015/04/08/columbus-school-data-scandal-bleeds-mayoral-campaign/

heresthecasey
    Participant

Watching the mayoral debate on 10tv, … honestly Ginther is the only credible candidate.

NDaEast
    Participant

Watching the mayoral debate on 10tv, … honestly Ginther is the only credible candidate.

Hate that I missed it and will have to check it out on-line later. Can I assume that you can’t be basing that comment on his thoroughly documented incompetence managing the Columbus City Schools data scrubbing scandal (the biggest public sector scandal of our lifetimes that happened right under his nose, that he was tipped off to but still couldn’t find?) and then lying about it now during this election season to make it seem like he was a hero, and not a zero? Must be his comfort in being a life-long coattails-hanging politician that you’re seeing, because it can’t be a vision, leadership accomplishments after 15 years in public life (including two 70% losses on two issues he strongly endorsed — one of which had never before failed, and the other which hadn’t failed in 30 years — then they both got creamed by the people of Columbus despite his “leadership” — oh yeah, blame the Koch brothers), or an inspiring sense of competence once you know about his fantastic failures to do his limited assigned role of providing adequate oversight of a critical public agency (CCS).

(Or his lies that Joyce Beatty and not Pat Tiberi is his congressional representative, or his lie that he has been immersed in infant mortality issue for “several years” as opposed to the true figure of “less than two years”?, or his biggest lies — if you lie about little things, you’ll lie about big things — and when even they, too, are easily fact checked lying is just a character flaw) that he immediately investigated the allegations of data scrubbing, kept the investigation going even though school administrators wanted it stopped, and that the investigation he started continued though out his term on the school board? — all well-documented lies that he has impeached himself on in other statements.) The fact is that when you open your eyes, ears, and mind, you realize you can’t trust anything Andrew Ginther says — it all needs context and fact checked. Most people watching Mayor Coleman 15 years ago didn’t find him very inspiring, but over time he was both coached and he grew, as any of the candidates — particularly those who are not regularly in the public eye — would do. Regardless of how they look today, the one person I would never vote for is one with a major and visible character flaw, and only one of the four shows his so clearly. I would never vote for a liar for Mayor and I hope my fellow citizens don’t, either. So I’m supposed to get hurt and watch my daughter be hurt by Ginther’s ambition and incompetence and not say anything about it — let my family be hurt and let someone build his future on lies told on my daughter’s back??? I don’t think so — that may be “the Columbus way” that he talked about in his closing, but its f-ed up and I’m from Cleveland anyway. The fact is, Andrew Ginther has been a terrible elected official and the people are realizing it. Time to send Andrew Ginther back to private life (with everyone recognizing that his pants are on fire).

The Arch City
    The Arch City
    Participant

Wow. Lots of opinions here.

The Arch City
    The Arch City
    Participant

Honestly Jon, I’ve always liked you, but you have to find a way to be more brief both here and at Dispatch.com. It is 2015. People zone out after 144 characters. Don’t you own the Free Press? Insert soliloquy there.

pilsner
    Participant

Ginther’s campaign ads have been flooding the TV and radio. People should ask who is paying for those million$ of ads. Ginther is the favorite son of the Wolfes, Wexners, downtown titans and developers, etc. I hate what the Koch Brothers stand for. But what’s even worse is sell-out Democrats such as Ginther who hand out tax abatements to tycoons and corporations like candy at a Fourth of July parade. It’s tough for me to choose between Ragland and Scott. I really like Scott’s plan to let Columbus voters decide on having a ward-based City Council. We are the only big city with an antiquated all citywide City Council. There’s no way the twenty-somethings that Ginther has appointed to Council know more than a few neighborhoods. Ginther doesn’t seem to know much of Columbus beyond 3 blocks east and west of High Street.

News
    Participant

Candidates zone in on Ginther during debate
    By GARY SEMAN JR.
    Friday April 17, 2015 7:15 PM

Andy Ginther took repeated shots from three other candidates running for Columbus mayor during a televised debate. Zach Scott, James Ragland and Terry Boyd launched recurrent salvos at Ginther, the current Columbus City Council president, on a range of subjects, ranging from high property taxes to the data-rigging scandal in the Columbus City Schools district.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/northland/news/2015/04/17/columbus-mayors-race-candidates-zone-in-on-ginther-during-debate.html

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Yesterday’s mail had one of those anti-Ginther tax fliers from Americans for Prosperity.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 533 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: