Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Columbus Idea Foundry - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Columbus Idea Foundry – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author

alexbandar

@TomOver

You and me both, brother. :-) PM me or email me at alex at columbusideafoundry dot com and I’ll be happy to set up a bike welding (or other) class for you and your friends at Third Hand.

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

alexbandar said:

@TomOver

You and me both, brother. :-) PM me or email me at alex at columbusideafoundry dot com and I’ll be happy to set up a bike welding (or other) class for you and your friends at Third Hand.

Try to keep my posts public and not pm’d. I’ll spread the word about CIF. Presently, I’m having a pedicab frame built by some folk in Mexico who have a good track record. Will prob go with them instead of Blackwood Sheet Metal located behind Haiku. But got to check out your facilities one way or another, sooner or later. Got to make it out to Eartha Limited too. Mad about composting.

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

alexbandar said:

@TomOver

Actually, OK. Got to talk to some folk at Third Hand who can coordinate this. Might make it there Weds. Won’t be able Sat. Sorry to repeat myself, rocking back and forth among the cobwebs, and slow chaos of specks of dust in the shaft of sunlight near the cracked pane of the basement window.

alexbandar

Hi TomOver – please call or email before you visit – I’m not always there, and we’re not staffed for walk-in visits. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing how we can collaborate!

TomOver said:
    Actually, OK. Got to talk to some folk at Third Hand who can coordinate this. Might make it there Weds. Won’t be able Sat. Sorry to repeat myself, rocking back and forth among the cobwebs, and slow chaos of specks of dust in the shaft of sunlight near the cracked pane of the basement window.

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

@ alexbandar: Opting to bump CIF, instead of PMing you. As it turns out, might utilize your place to weld mounts to, and lengthen, a pedicab frame. Your fee is likely less than what Blackwood Sheet Metal would charge. Plus, hands-on learning is good. Can’t just live off of the fumes of abstractions.

Steve Meyer who owns Mainstreet Pedicabs in Denver likely won’t have the frame until about 2 months or more. Another pedicabbie, Matt Soha, the guy pedaling the Short North with music and who’s most of the brains behind what I’m building, might be interested in CIF for other projects.

alexbandar

Thanks, Tom! Note that we also have experience at making food trucks and food carts – pedicabs aren’t a big stretch from that. When you’re ready to do some work, please do feel free to contact me about a tour, project scope, fees, etc. Cheers!

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

alexbandar said:
    Thanks, Tom! Note that we also have experience at making food trucks and food carts – pedicabs aren’t a big stretch from that. When you’re ready to do some work, please do feel free to contact me about a tour, project scope, fees, etc. Cheers!

Should be able to do this within a week or so. Will email you. Your fee likely will be less than what Blackwood Sheet Metal would charge. Plus w/ CIF, we can actually be involved with the welding, hands-on, right?

alexbandar

Hi Tom – email me and we’ll chat. There are lots of options. Thanks!

TomOver said:
    Should be able to do this within a week or so. Will email you. Your fee likely will be less than what Blackwood Sheet Metal would charge. Plus w/ CIF, we can actually be involved with the welding, hands-on, right?

Tom Over
    Tom Over
    Participant

Plate reading “this pedicab build at Columbus Idea Foundary” ?

alexbandar

Woohoo! The June 2012 issue of Popular Science lists a map of the 15 largest / most active community workshops in the US. The Columbus Idea Foundry made the cut! :-D

http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2012-05/invent-your-own-anything

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

That is awesome! :D

News
    Participant

Columbus Idea Foundry Excited About Move to Franklinton
    Published on February 22, 2013 12:45 pm
    By: Brent Warren

Last night in his State of the City address, Mayor Coleman announced that the Columbus Idea Foundry would be moving to East Franklinton. Today we can confirm that the specific destination is 421 W. State Street, a building the Franklinton Development Association purchased last summer with the help of a Green Columbus Grant from the city.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/columbus-idea-foundry-excited-about-move-to-franklinton-bw1

News
    Participant

Griffen Hollow Studio specializes in manufacturing eco-friendly products
    By Melanie McIntyre on April 8, 2013 at 8:00 am

Once Alex Traxler began working out of a friend’s studio at the Columbus Idea Foundry, his desire to be creative professionally took over and he got a space of his own there. Shortly after, Traxler’s fiancé bought him a wooden necktie, and the novelty really got his creative juices flowing.

READ MORE: http://www.themetropreneur.com/columbus/griffen-hollow-studio-specializes-in-manufacturing-eco-friendly-products/

News
    Participant

Idea Foundry Lands $350,000 Grant for Franklinton Relocation
    Published on May 20, 2013 9:30 am
    By: Walker

The Franklinton Development Association (FDA) and the Columbus Idea Foundry (CIF) have jointly received a $350,000 grant from ArtPlace America to assist with the relocation of the creative space to a warehouse located at 421 West State Street in the East Franklinton neighborhood. The grant will allow the FDA to renovate the existing two-story 60,000 square foot building, helping the CIF to expand their mission of empowering creatives and innovators in Central Ohio.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/idea-foundry-lands-350000-grant-for-franklinton-relocation

News
    Participant

Idea Foundry Breaking Ground on New Franklinton Home
    Published on January 9, 2014 4:20 pm
    By: Walker

After a year of careful planning, the Columbus Idea Foundry (CIF) is officially ready for its next growth spurt. The creative collective of small manufacturers and inventors has outgrown their 25,000 square foot Milo-Grogan home, and is officially making the leap into a 60,000 square foot East Franklinton warehouse.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/idea-foundry-breaking-ground-on-new-franklinton-home

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: