Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus = GAY+

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus = GAY+

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)
  • Author

artbomb112
    Participant

Question….. do gay men watch this and get turned on?

I guess that is a dumb question… but to me it is just really strange. I guess I think all videos are kinda strange when it is people posing and dancing while singing.

I guess maybe it would be like my stepdad saying he thinks “Fergie is hot in her videos” (yeah, embarrassing I know)

Just wondering.

just_mel

Manatee wrote I’d love to know how they come up with these stats. Seems like a tricky thing to pinpoint. Like how do they classify bisexuals? Is this on the census or something? “Check here if gay”?

No, but it should be that way. It may be even more skewed to gay-friendly places that way though. I think someone who is out in their community would be more likely to check that box.

They actually use a sort of proxy method which is not accurate. I believe that they take note of single adults of the same sex living in a household.

So I guess maybe all of the roommate combos that get accidentally counted as gay make up for all the gay people living alone. Maybe it evens out?

Anonymous
    Inactive

artbomb112 wrote Question….. do gay men watch this and get turned on?

I guess that is a dumb question… but to me it is just really strange. I guess I think all videos are kinda strange when it is people posing and dancing while singing.

I guess maybe it would be like my stepdad saying he thinks “Fergie is hot in her videos” (yeah, embarrassing I know)

Just wondering.

I sure don’t get turned on. I just lol :P

CDS sherman

wildgoose77 wrote

CDS sherman wrote DINKS?

Dual Income, No Kids.

Didn’t Rebecca Ryan teach you anything? Sheesh.

When I first saw the headline, I thought we were trying to come up with an equation. Like, Columbus = Gay + College Football. Haha!

who in hell is rebecca ryan? lol

CDS sherman

what about SINKS….

CDS sherman

all this gay talk is making me straight. :lol:

Columbusite

Zenperson wrote I’ve lived in two other major gay cities; Atlanta and LA. Columbus’ gay population feels, generally speaking, far less pretentious than the larger cities. I only moved here this past July from LA and overall, Columbus has a very affordable, accessible and inviting quality of life, which is why I chose to move here. (The winter is shitteous, but so it goes for NYC, Boston, Philly, DC, Detroit, and Pittsburgh.)

Also, having lived in Atlanta, Phoenix, Seattle and LA, I liked the feel of the gay culture here. It’s less about circuit parties, clubs and being plastic. The gays here are more relaxed and easy going and seem to fit very comfortably into the mosaic of the cultural landscape.

Two thumbs up 8)

Really? Whenever I see a group of gay guys in the city they always look like clones of each other. But then it seems to me that minorities within a minority who establish what it is to be gay, black, etc put more pressure on others within that respective minority who don’t fit in than the majority population. My black friends got some crap from other black kids in school because they talk “white”. They aren’t exactly involved in the black community either, but that might just be because they don’t see need for it.

TBDFITL

Columbusite wrote Really? Whenever I see a group of gay guys in the city they always look like clones of each other. But then it seems to me that minorities within a minority who establish what it is to be gay, black, etc put more pressure on others within that respective minority who don’t fit in than the majority population.

Indeed. And, the clones are also the most obvious gay men. I get what you’re saying. However, there are a lot of us that blend into society quite well, most notably the professionals.

BTW, I think everyone was wondering where the Experience Columbus claim (Columbus is a top gay city) came from. Click for the press release

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Lots of girls looking like clones right now too…..coats, skirts + knee high boots.

Or…it is just cold out and they are wearing clothes! haha

KSquared

Anne wrote Lots of girls looking like clones right now too…..coats, skirts + knee high boots.

Or…it is just cold out and they are wearing clothes! haha

So true! I stopped at the New Albany Starbucks the other morning as I was out of coffee to brew at home and independent shops are sorely lacking around here. It was like stepping into an episode of The Hills…

CDS sherman

Columbusite wrote

Really? Whenever I see a group of gay guys in the city they always look like clones of each other. But then it seems to me that minorities within a minority who establish what it is to be gay, black, etc put more pressure on others within that respective minority who don’t fit in than the majority population. My black friends got some crap from other black kids in school because they talk “white”. They aren’t exactly involved in the black community either, but that might just be because they don’t see need for it.

im not sure i buy into that the gay community puts pressure on gays “that dont fit in” whatever thats supposed to mean. they just dont get laid or chatted with online, i would say i def dont fit the gay stereotype but i can assure that noone puts pressure on me to be more sassy or caddy. the gay community also has many different “groups”. you have the chicken, then your a twink, then at 30 your too old for that scene. if your fat or hairy your a bear or an otter. theres plenty of pigeon holes to stuff into. me im a twink bear, in the right light i can still pass for chicken but once we get home the realization sets in….lol

lifeliberty
    Participant

otter and chicken are new terms for me :lol:

I didn’t know there was so many gays in columbus, I just thought this town was really crazy about rainbows and triangles :)

CDS sherman

hmmm, love me some chicken….. 8)

enzo
    Participant

Be yourself or be gone no matter what circle you are in…..have the courage to be true to yourself…..yay if you do not fit a stereotype….you are more likely to fulfill your potential while you are on the planet.

Columbusite

I agree. I value individualism very highly, so when I see a group of people all talking the same way, dressing the same way, gesturing the same way, etc I’m sure there are those that would be like that regardless of outside influences, but I doubt they all are. I guess the gay people that are most visible are the only ones I see and they all seem to fit in one category. That reminds me, there was/is apparently some sort of bear convention because there was a whole bunch of them on High south of Nationwide one day last year and it wasn’t when they had that gay parade, anybody know what that was all about?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 86 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE