Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Food Truck and Cart Festival 2011

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Columbus Food Truck and Cart Festival 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Snarf said:
    Next year!? :(

+1

I was thinking the next one could take place in September or October. ;)

sundown060
    Participant

bryansaums said:

–Overflow crowd in the heart of downtown (don’t b**** about long lines…rejoice that people are downtown).

I think you’re spot on. I also didn’t care for the long lines or the hot sun, but I think it was a solid shot at a community event, and we should be happy that the event planners underestimated the crowd that turned out…The alternative is not trying at all…

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

I was at the event from 4 to 6:30 pm. What I observed was a good first effort. After years of hearing there is nothing to do downtown and listening to people malign Columbus Commons – I was excited to see the purpose of the park realized. I as also pleased to see the spillover going to restaurants downtown. Mobile Food is not the enemy of brick and motor eateries – the two can benefit from each other with a bit of planning and good communication.

The next event will be better – the feedback provided will be acted on, more food trucks will come (if needed) based on the success of the trucks there (many ran out of food). I think $3000 + was raised for the Mid Ohio Foodbank.

Ask not what your food truck community can do for you, ask what you can do for them……bring small change to events like this – a twenty dollar bill and the change needed for it depletes the slows down the transaction and slows down the lines.

Visit a food truck to show your support of the concept and if you like what they have – encourage them to go to events like this.

Don’t know where to find a truck / cart……well, I know a website or two that can help
    StreeteatsColumbus[/url] and Taco Trucks Columbus

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I agree with previous people who seem miffed/confused on why this only needs to happen once a year. Seems like a missed opportunity to capitalize on the growing popularity of food trucks and to pump some life into downtown on a more regular basis.

OhioFestivals
    Participant

Have the We-are-glitterati pics been posted from the festival yet?

Here’s my post, by the way, although most of you know the basic story…

Sporeprint Infoshop featured in The Alive

Twixlen
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    I agree with previous people who seem miffed/confused on why this only needs to happen once a year. Seems like a missed opportunity to capitalize on the growing popularity of food trucks and to pump some life into downtown on a more regular basis.

My guess is because it’s an event put on by volunteers and is a major load of work. I’d love to see it happen more often as well, but it would have to become more commercially-based event, which isn’t out of the question, I s’pose.

wassan

I am not positive who organized this event, but I would guess that the people doing so were not being paid to do it – so pulling off an event of this size once a month may be a little more than what they would be willing to take on.

I think its fantastic that there are people taking initiative to put on these types of events in the downtown. Hope more groups will be interested in doing similar festivals.

<edit> Twixlen said what I was going to post :)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Thanks to the great response to The Columbus Food Truck and Cart Fest we are already locking down locations and have begun preparations for next seasons weekly events starting in May of 2012!!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Excellent! :D

patient_zero
    Participant

OhioFestivals said:
    Have the We-are-glitterati pics been posted from the festival yet?

Here’s my post, by the way, although most of you know the basic story…

Sporeprint Infoshop featured in The Alive

Ha! You were right behind me shooting the video. I’m in the blue shirt on the right side. I missed you that night, along with a lot of folks. Porky was gone and well fed before I got there, and I know I missed Walker and family, and CMH Gourmand, and so many others that night. Not surprising with 12K. Plus I was catching some of the live music and chillin’ with HeySquare and the doggies for a good spell.

Did anyone catch the heated and formed liquor and beer bottles at Beaded Bottle from Westerville? They were interesting, inexpensive and would make great gifts for anyone who likes booze.

OhioFestivals
    Participant

patient_zero: haha that’s great! Thanks for pointing that out!

Twixlen
    Participant

Coremodels said:

Thanks to the great response to The Columbus Food Truck and Cart Fest we are already locking down locations and have begun preparations for next seasons weekly events starting in May of 2012!!

Oh man. That will be so great. Woot!

Viewing 12 posts - 106 through 117 (of 117 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!