Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus featured in Delta's Sky Magazine

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus featured in Delta's Sky Magazine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Patch
    Participant

Stephen43215 said:
    Do they sell this magazine or is it only available on flight? I would love to have a copy of this also!

it looks like you can buy hardcopies of it here:

http://deltaskymag.delta.com/Sky-Extras/City-Profiles.aspx

We just followed Iowa, Oklahoma and Idaho…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Patch said:

I love Idaho.

Cbusbill
    Participant

Patch said:

They each needed a whole state to fill their articles ;-)

bjones7
    Participant

One of the best part of the profile in my opinion is the Hot Victoria Secret Model and this statement ” Victoria Secrets. We built our brand in Columbus. Billions and Billions of dollars later we are still growing in Columbus”

bjones7
    Participant

Cbusbill said:
    They each needed a whole state to fill their articles ;-)

Which is funny, because Columbus needs about 50-75more pages for people to see the true Columbus Ohio. Don’t get me wrong, one of the best write up’s about Columbus. However I don’t know if anyone else felt this way but I was like “oh they forgot about this neighborhood and this restaurant and this art studio, etc,etc”

Cbusbill
    Participant

bjones7 said:
    Which is funny, because Columbus needs about 50-75more pages for people to see the true Columbus Ohio. Don’t get me wrong, one of the best write up’s about Columbus. However I don’t know if anyone else felt this way but I was like “oh they forgot about this neighborhood and this restaurant and this art studio, etc,etc”

I agree that Columbus could have filled more space, but I suspect that Delta has done analysis on how long the article should be based on the average flight time, how much time passengers spend reading their magazine, etc. and maxed us out at 25 pages by design rather than because we ran out of things to highlight.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

AirTran has a decidedly shorter feature on Columbus fashion.

To go headfirst into the fashion scene in Columbus, your first stop should be Short North, the arts district between Ohio State University and downtown Columbus. The neighborhood is a panoply of fashion-forward galleries, bars and shops. “It has some of the best shopping in all of the Midwest,” says Kristy Eckert, editor of the Columbus fashion mag Capital Style. Highlights include boutiques such as Rowe (www.roweboutique.com) and Ladybird (www.ladybirdfashion.com); and possibly the world’s greatest throwback athletic T-shirt store, Homage (www.homage.com). The one can’t-miss fashion event is the Columbus College of Art and Design’s seniors’ show, which happens in May and sells out quickly. “CCAD is one of the top design schools in the country,” says Eckert.

I sense a trend. :)

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

I thought it was a fantastic article advertising a great bit of the city. I was surprised it only briefly mentioned the Arnold Festival, and not much of the Jazz and rib fest, or any real mention of Nationwide Arena other than it’s in the Arena District.

Mike Brown
    Participant

Great thread here. Delta did a lot of research, working a lot with Columbus 2020 and other locals to get info. Experience Columbus, the Mayor’s Office and others helped. It’s been months, but well worth it. I know 2020 and Experience Columbus are ordering some hard copies for our use.
    Just a taste of the new collaborative efforts going on to better show off what we love in Columbus.
    Thanks for reading and make sure to keep sharing the link.
    I totally agree on the VS ad… best EVER.
    Mike Brown

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE