Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus featured in Delta's Sky Magazine

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus featured in Delta's Sky Magazine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant

Really nice article highlighting the achievements, attractions and the future growth of Columbus. I just want to say the photography is great too. Usually you see some really bland photo of the downtown area when it comes to national pubs.

The link goes to their digital magazine.

Columbus is featured in Delta Sky Magazine

Analogue Kid
    Participant

This is great, lots of eyes on this article.

bjones7
    Participant

Article? Am I missing something? You made it sound like one page. I was shocked and impressed to find and read 25 pages about Columbus! Pretty much its own magazine! I would love to buy a hard copy.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Do they sell this magazine or is it only available on flight? I would love to have a copy of this also!

heresthecasey
    Participant

Pretty great write-up!

geoyui
    Participant

bjones7 said:
    Article? Am I missing something? You made it sound like one page. I was shocked and impressed to find and read 25 pages about Columbus! Pretty much its own magazine! I would love to buy a hard copy.

Stephen43215 said:
    Do they sell this magazine or is it only available on flight? I would love to have a copy of this also!

On this page you can order reprints.

Or just have a friend who’s going to fly Delta smuggle a stack out of the airplane.

I was really surprised by how much coverage there is in this article. ALSO, the advertisements by Columbus businesses are pretty good too!

geoyui
    Participant

Actually I just realized I’m flying Delta in a couple of weeks. I’ll try and snag as many as possible!

mrmann

I just read it. Great article and it hits all the major players in Columbus. Can you buy this at the airport?

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

One of the most in depth writeups of Columbus I’ve read in a while. And, at 26 pages, it’s one the larger “brochures” of all the cities they offer. The photography seems better than most as well.

peter
    Participant

I ripped the images from that stupid-ass website and placed them into a proper PDF. Also did text recognition (OCR) so it should be searchable. It’s big – 28MB. Download here: peterlohmann.com/pics/ColumbusRisingDelta.pdf

Mister Shifter
    Participant

peter said:
    I ripped the images from that stupid-ass website and placed them into a proper PDF. Also did text recognition (OCR) so it should be searchable. It’s big – 28MB. Download here: peterlohmann.com/pics/ColumbusRisingDelta.pdf

Well done! Thanks!

billbix

Mister Shifter said:
    Well done! Thanks!

+1 This is a really good article about Columbus

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’ve never read a 25 page article before. Sounds cool.

Cbusbill
    Participant

Thanks so much for passing along this info!! I’ve long wondered how a spread like this on Columbus would play out….would it come across as a realistic view of our city highlighting the vibrant present and opportunistic future, or a desperate, naive attempt that paints us as ‘reaching to showcase something we’re not ready to yet’. Fortunately, it nailed the first scenario!! I’m very impressed with how much thought and research went into this. I wish they could start passing this out at local visitor centers, attractions, etc. Everyone who comes to Columbus from outside the region should have the opportunity to read (at least parts) of this.

geoyui
    Participant

This is clearly a win-win for both parties. Delta wants more passenger traffic out of Columbus, they are I believe the #2 carrier for CMH (could drop with the American/US Airways merger). And Columbus wants more air travellers/general public to know what is great and growing in our city.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE