Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Fashion Week

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events Columbus Fashion Week

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Well, since I have no model named “nana” I really can’t speak to you getting paid or not…even so, I would suggest that EVEN if somehow you didn’t get paid for a job, did you SPEND a dime? Ever? There was ONE job that I booked in like Fall of last year? that the client’s check to me bounced and a couple of models got a run around from me while I protected the client. If you were one of those and still haven’t gotten paid, by all means let me know who you are and you can come over TODAY and get payment. If it wasn’t that ONE job, then you did something on your own (as stated above, not called in hours or showed up late and unprepared) in order to not get paid.

Again though “nana”, I challenge you to find another agency out there who will book you for ANY assignment without you SPENDING money to get you foot in the door.

Also, since I don’t know who you are, I would ask…did you get FREE photographs taken of you to build you book? If you’re one person in particular that I think you are, didn’t you…in fact…get ENOUGH free photos taken of you that you were able to build your entire website from them??? If you are this particular model I’m thinking of, and that is the case, the fact you’re complaining about not receiving 50 bucks after getting multiple free photo shoots to build you book is not only sad but very telling.

p.s. If you’re the model I’m thinking of, didn’t you ALSO recieve these photo shoots and assignments without ever signing a contract, or even MEETING me???

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

p.s. if you ARE the model I’m thinking you are and this job was early 2006’ish then part of my problem with you was that before I had gotten paid on the job from the client you were already calling the client directly complaining. If that’s the case, then I would advise you the CLIENT withheld your fee after that incident, because that’s totally unacceptable.

For future reference, agencies generally pay their models between 30-90 days AFTER you do a job. The reason for this? They bill the clients with 30 day terms, some pay quickly some don’t, but either way…you don’t get paid till the agency does.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Ndcent wrote

+1

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

LOL! Hey, it is entertaining, I know this. Since being in this business I’ve been involved in about a dozen lawsuits, most between one agency and another over non-competes and similar situations. I’ve been involved in an Attorney General investigation (on the positive side). I’ve seen models sued by the agency, agencies sued by the models, and pretty much every variety of sex scandal you can imagine.

Keeps it entertaining at least!

nana

I never said I was a model…. only that i’ve seen your agency in action and how you go about doing things. it does seem like you’re a little guilty otherwise you wouldn’t be taking the time to go into all of this.

point made.

i’m out.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

“That’s how I heard about you… on craigslist.

Also, i know for a fact that after 5 months of emailing you about getting paid- it NEVER happened”

Um…I don’t pay people who aren’t models, and if you are one which you certainly indicated you were, I offered you an opportunity to get paid TODAY if you had an ounce of credibility to your tale.

The fact you aren’t getting paid, now suggesting you’re not a model, AND bailing on the conversation, only leads me to believe you didn’t make any point only tried to sling some mud.

As to my explaining myself? You bet I did! After a thread where Ed has failed to refute a single accusation about his business practices being fraudulent, I certainly wouldn’t do the same.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Seriously… if you two have personal (or personnel) issues to work out, you should probably be doing it via email, and not out in public right here.

:roll:

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Walker wrote Seriously… if you two have personal (or personnel) issues to work out, you should probably be doing it via email, and not out in public right here.

booo walker! This is entertaining me at work today! :P

Ndcent

Walker wrote Seriously… if you two have personal (or personnel) issues to work out, you should probably be doing it via email, and not out in public right here.

buzz kill.

myliftkk
    Participant

I think that horse already galloped out d’ barn :wink:

MAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i love this shit

honestly LOve it

it makes my work day better ..

honestly BETTER

dear god thank you

for this :)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

LOL! Glad to entertain, and come on Walk, it is a local board and there’s always gonna be feuds…this one didn’t result in any threats of violence or even namecalling, so it’s not that bad :)

myliftkk
    Participant

Coremodels wrote LOL! Glad to entertain, and come on Walk, it is a local board and there’s always gonna be feuds…this one didn’t result in any threats of violence or even namecalling, so it’s not that bad :)

I’m not so sure, given the look of that runway pic… model-on-model violence is on the rise :D

Schoolboy
    Participant

how did i miss this!!

funny

Viewing 14 posts - 91 through 104 (of 104 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: