Our City Online

Messageboard - Miscellaneous Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Fashion Week

Home Forums Events Miscellaneous Events Columbus Fashion Week

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)
  • Author

Styleology

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(Columbus, OH)-Imajin Studios & Management LLC presents: 1st Annual Columbus Fashion Week ™ 2007 “Indulge in Fashion”.

Local industry partners have collaborated to bring Fashion Week to Columbus. The 1st Annual Columbus Fashion Weekâ„¢ takes place March 13th through March 17th at BoMA (Bar of Modern Art http://www.barofmodernart.com), located at 583 E. Broad St.

Columbus Fashion Weekâ„¢ is the collaborative effort put forth by individuals from all aspects of the fashion industry in Columbus, Ohio. Partners include Fashion Stylist: Michelle Washington (of Style-ology LLC http://www.styleology.net), BoMA (Bar of Modern Art), Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora, Guess Jeans by Marciano, and United Colors of Benetton.

The Columbus Fashion Weekâ„¢ venue will include a state-of-the-art facility, fully equipped backstage area, Parisian style fashion runway lighting, and a sound system balanced to provide fully equalized coverage for music playback.

Marketing and promotional benefits for participating designers include: signage throughout the venue, inclusion on the official Columbus Fashion Week website, logo placement in the program booklet, mention in advertising, and designer placement in copies of the registered press list.

“It is time to put the Columbus fashion scene on the map, we have really talented designers right here that need our support…” said Ed Kavishe of Imajin Studios & Management LLC, creator of Columbus Fashion Week™.

1st Annual Columbus Fashion Week ™ “rolls out the red carpet” for its kick-off event (a catered invitation only fashion industry reception) presented and created by Ed Kavishe of Imajin Studios & Management LLC (Monday March 12, 2007 at 7:30 pm—Lindey’s Restaurant of Polaris Fashion Place).

The week begins Tuesday night (March 13, 2007) with the “Emerging Designer Showcase,” at the BoMA (Bar of Modern Art). Ohio designers are invited to exhibit their latest designs on the high fashion runway featuring models from local modeling agencies.

BoMA (Bar of Modern Art) will host the “Grand Finale Show” with a swimwear and lingerie show to be hosted on Saturday night (March 17, 2007) followed by an “After Party” at the same venue.

Proceeds from Columbus Fashion Week will go to http://www.ninemillion.org a campaign to raise awareness and funds for youth education and sport programs.

Sponsorship opportunities are still available as well opportunities for designers, makeup artists, hair salons, boutique owners, volunteers, and interested buyers. For the event schedule and/or event information, please contact Ed Kavishe at 614-561-9240 or visit http://www.columbusfashionweek.com for details.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Fashion Week

Fashion will make its mark in central Ohio during the first Columbus Fashion Week next Tuesday through March 17 at BoMA (Bar of Modern Art), 583 E. Broad St.

The event will be a lavish New York-style runway production created by photographer Ed Kavishe and include industry experts in hair, makeup and modeling.

March 14 will feature new designs from Atomic Geisha by Hasan of Dayton; Samara Collins of Elite Studios in Columbus City Center will take the stage March 15. Arden B from Easton Town Center will strut its stuff March 16. The event will wrap up with a grand finale from European designer Silvao on March 17, followed by a party.

The show will start at 8 p.m. next Tuesday. Shows on the remaining nights will begin at 10.

Tickets are on sale at www. columbusfashionweek.com

READ MORE

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Off the Rack

Runway Departure

by Brooke Williams

For years, Columbus designers have been all dressed up with no place to go. But this year, for the first time, local industry professionals decided to take matters into their own hands with the launch of Columbus Fashion Week.

Producer Ed Kavishe explained that the inspiration behind the event came on the heels of viewing a litany of local fashion shows that were high on fashion, but low on execution.

“The quality of the shows was just not there,” he said. “A lot of clubs and galleries were not designed to host a fashion show. We wanted to create a real showcase for talented local designers and retailers.”

READ MORE

f!5hl39

I was told at a young age, if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anthing at all.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

LOL! Nuff said…

f!5hl39 wrote I was told at a young age, if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anthing at all.

:) Since you have set such a good example, I’ll just say: Swimwear? I can’t think of a better way to showcase underappreciated design talent in a Midwestern fashion show than with a line of swimwear at the events grand finale.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

…oooof

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Well, I’m going to try to say this really gently because I think this concept was ambitious and well intended regardless of result…

I’ve worked in the Ohio modeling/fashion industry for over a decade (with a brief stint in Miami), and found it strange not to know any of the names involved. My agency is very boutique and specialized, so me not being contacted or part of this wasn’t a surprise…but that Heyman, CAM, Goenner, or any of the “big, legit agencies” were also not involved…screamed problem. The fact that Cunningham, Shively, McGuire, Roharik, Widder, or any of the other even remotely prominent fashion photographers weren’t involved…screamed problem. Now, if I’m wrong and these individuals became involved and I am just unaware of it…great…but for the most part, I’m confident they weren’t.

I can say though, I wish the organizers all the best in having it still be a success and if it’s repeated next year, feel free to contact me or anyone on the lists above for additional assistance.

f!5hl39

Coremodels wrote Well, I’m going to try to say this really gently because I think this concept was ambitious and well intended regardless of result…

I’ve worked in the Ohio modeling/fashion industry for over a decade (with a brief stint in Miami), and found it strange not to know any of the names involved. My agency is very boutique and specialized, so me not being contacted or part of this wasn’t a surprise…but that Heyman, CAM, Goenner, or any of the “big, legit agencies” were also not involved…screamed problem. The fact that Cunningham, Shively, McGuire, Roharik, Widder, or any of the other even remotely prominent fashion photographers weren’t involved…screamed problem. Now, if I’m wrong and these individuals became involved and I am just unaware of it…great…but for the most part, I’m confident they weren’t.

I can say though, I wish the organizers all the best in having it still be a success and if it’s repeated next year, feel free to contact me or anyone on the lists above for additional assistance.

Great point! I concer

f!5hl39

The one major question I have with “Columbus Fashion Week” is do we need to put TM after everthing? I mean no other fashion week has to put TM or LLC after everthing they do; maybe because they are creditable and have class.

Don’t worry, no one will try to steal “Columbus Fashion Week” because it is already tarnished from the very begining!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Registering a trademark is expensive. I proudly display mine up at the top of the CU. :oops:

Anonymous
    Inactive

pretty much agree with all you guys. i do have a few comments related indirectly to this threads topic. is it me or does columbus seem to have some infactuation with modeling and fashion? everyone here seems to claim to model, both guys and girls. talk to anyone in the club half of them say they model. when i lived in chicago i dated a REAL model (runway, hair shows, and makeup). guess what? she didnt have time to be in clubs all the fuckin time, frankly between college, and modeling career she didnt have time for shit. (pretty much the reason i broke up, hot girl doesnt mean shit when you see here 5 times a month). i mean even some guy at the bar once was telling me he did the “triangle” I said wtf is that, he said flying between ny, chicago, and miami, almost puked it was so funny. guy was a good 6 inches shorter than me and i am 6′ 1″, i wont even comment on his howard stern nose. I mean i dunno maybe its me or the people i happen to run into, but its weird. this isnt like a diss to coremodels, as on here at least you dont even seem to mention working in the modeling industyr (is that what its called). more ment for these corny people that think they model because they posed for some pictures for the alive at Sugar.

f!5hl39

LMAO

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

The whole “I’m a model” rampage is because of a boatload of modeling schools and photo mills around town…basically “hi, if you give me 1000 bucks you can say your a model”. It makes sense, with a campus as huge as OSU those places have a constantly updating suckers list to live off of.

Now, back to the whole Style-ology, Imajin Studios & Management, Columbus Fashion Week thing. I was bored this morning (and curious) and did a little digging around.

1. Imajin is a photographer who also claims to represent models. I’m usually not this direct, but in this case I will be…he’s an amateur photographer at best, who’s website is filled with stock images that aren’t his…and even more ridiculous THIS, which I’m guessing he photoshopped to claim as a GQ cover???

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

Just so we’re clear…the person who shot this:

didn’t also shoot this:

Unless he shot the second one when he was 8 years old. Again, normally I don’t like to slam people, especially on their work, but frauds are frauds. This guy has his entire “Portfolio 1” made up from stock images from a Victoria’s Secret fashion show.

http://bobikuportraits.com/Home_Page.html

I was going to go on with numbers 2 and 3, but really want to sit and digest 1 for a minute…

Ndcent

BUSTED!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 104 total)

The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: