Columbus Development Map
- September 20, 2014 10:49 am at 10:49 am #1042372
Thanks for keeping this updated, it’s a pretty cool look at all the development happening around town.
Although, did anyone else notice that the Scioto seems to have disappeared between the dam that was removed and the Greenlawn Dam? Maybe somebody at Google misinterpreted our river restoration project as a river disintegration project.
Also looks like we finally got updated satellite shots. They look pretty recent too. It’s cool to see some of the recent developments reflected on the map. Things were getting pretty dated.September 21, 2014 12:45 pm at 12:45 pm #1042473
Likes Old HousesParticipant
The new satellite shots are from June at the latest. I can tell because my renovation project was complete, and my backyard was green again.September 21, 2014 2:56 pm at 2:56 pm #1042524
The new satellite shots show Highpoint at Columbus Commons from the best possible view-from above! Sad that the best view of that complex is of the roof!September 22, 2014 9:45 am at 9:45 am #1042571
Nice job mbeaumont!
Here are a few additions, mostly below I-70
September 22, 2014 10:33 am at 10:33 am #1042581
- 570 Lofts (570 Front St.) – https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/edwards-returning-with-apartments-for-brewery-districts-former-salvation-army
- Barrett School – https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-plan-for-barrett-site-in-merion-village-adds-single-family-houses-bw1
- Parsons Building – https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/new-building-at-parsons-livingston-1
- Children’s Expansions – Livingston & Parsons and Livingston & Grant – http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2014/05/30/about-nationwide-childrens-plan-to-grow-again.html?page=all
- Ronald McDonald House – http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/09/11/columbus-ohio-largest-ronald-mcdonald-house-in-the-county-opens-in-columbus.html
- South Side Community Center – https://www.columbusunderground.com/south-side-gaining-550-new-jobs-new-community-center
- Parson’s Library – https://www.columbusunderground.com/library-releases-design-for-parsons-avenue-branch-bw1
- Rich Street Walk – https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/rich-street-walk-condos
- The Abigail – https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/the-abigail-website-now-up-and-running
A couple more Franklinton additions:
CMHA Site being developed by Casto:
September 22, 2014 9:13 pm at 9:13 pm #1042689
Thanks for the additions guys! I will add as time permits and update the thread when I’ve done so.December 31, 2014 3:21 pm at 3:21 pm #1057354
I updated the map today with recent proposals and also changed up the icons:
Red Pins = New Builds Under Construction
Blue Pins = Renovations Under Construction
Green Pins = Recently finished New Builds / Renovations
Red Circles = Proposed New builds
Blue Circles = Proposed RenovationsDecember 31, 2014 3:48 pm at 3:48 pm #1057358
Nice! I was just thinking about this as Brent put together his big roundup for 2014! ;)December 31, 2014 3:53 pm at 3:53 pm #1057360
I used the roundup for my map update! ;)July 17, 2015 11:38 pm at 11:38 pm #1085507
Just put in tons of new updates on the map.July 18, 2015 9:05 am at 9:05 am #1085529
Nice!October 26, 2015 7:06 pm at 7:06 pm #1099063
Upon discovering that there is no good way to view ongoing and proposed developments in Columbus, I decided to make my own. It’s not comprehensive, but I believe it gives a good overview of what’s being proposed and what’s under construction in Columbus. If anyone has suggestions or corrections, please let me know.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zOq4rP72IjSk.kQhTtH9rwjHw&usp=sharingOctober 26, 2015 8:41 pm at 8:41 pm #1099070
There’s another map here:October 26, 2015 8:50 pm at 8:50 pm #1099071
honestlyinsincereParticipantOctober 26, 2015 9:34 pm at 9:34 pm #1099080
Merged the topics together just for the sake of keeping things in the same place.
The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.