Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Crew SC - 2015 Season

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Columbus Crew SC – 2015 Season

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Yeah, this team is playing at a high level, and it’s a blast to watch.

And watching Cedric come into two consecutive games and make such a huge difference–such fun stuff.

Here’s hoping we can close it out without too much stress this Sunday.

smegs
    smegs
    Participant

DouginCMH
    Participant

So pleased I managed to get tickets for this Sunday. Reports are that Stubhub prices for tickets are ridiculous.

Hopefully, the forecast holds: currently showing sunny and 51 for a high. If the Crew win a championship in front of what’ll be a packed home crowd, I may need to invest in some currently-branded Crew SC gear. Well, even if they don’t win, I should probably do so. What an astonishingly successful first two years of the Precourt/Berhalter regime.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

OneBagTravel
    Participant

The upgrades they made this season have been so terrific, as well as the inclusion of so many local vendors. When most organizations say, “For Columbus,” you have to assume it’s disingenuous. And even if it is with the Crew management, it sure doesn’t feel that way. Hard not to love the Crew, IMO.

People really can’t forget about this. The improvements they’ve made this season really show a love between the organization and the fans. So few major sports teams can say they cater to the fans like the Crew.

The club needs some recognition sometimes for all they do outside of just having players on the field ya know?

surber17
    Participant

We have the super bowl for soccer here in Columbus! The city needs to do more to promote and celebrate that!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

We have the super bowl for soccer here in Columbus! The city needs to do more to promote and celebrate that!

Tickets are already sold out.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2015/11/30/columbus-crew-sc-announce-mapfre-stadium-sold-out-mls-cup-2015

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

I prefer to call it the world series of soccer.

DouginCMH
    Participant

While I don’t disagree:

1). Unlike the super bowl, we didn’t know we’d be hosting until Sunday night. Not a lot of time to hype the game.

2) I’d prefer to celebrate in full once we win.

As Walker noted, the game is sold out. All tickets that had been for sale were gone before Sunday’s match. The small number of additional tickets the club made available by installing temporary bleachers on the stage, were offered for sale Monday morning and were immediately snapped up. Portland’s allotment of 850 tickets sold in 4 minutes.

Being that this is a league-run game, a chunk of tickets are held back for league use. Still, I assume they’ll pack in 22-23k on Sunday (regular stadium capacity is just under 20K). It’ll be a helluva atmosphere.

joev
    Participant

FYI, you can get tickets on StubHub.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

FYI, you can get tickets on StubHub.

Yeesh. The scalpers on StubHub are asking $175 to $600 for those tickets.

Mike88
    Participant

I am beyond excited for this Sundays game.
    Having followed this team for 10 years and had season tickets for the last 8 this is my dream come true.

I hope a lot of people who are picking up on this team lately start following them more closely. They’re an exciting team and are really the shining light on the hill when it comes to Ohio Pro-Sports.

Fingers crossed we bring home our second MLS Cup this Sunday!

somertimeoh
    Participant

Got our tickets in the mail yesterday! Made it feel really real, lol. Perks of season ticket holders = completely stress free for playoff and cup final ticket needs! Feel sorry for my friends scrambling to find them. So pissed at stubhubbers :(

Miracle
    Participant

Tickets seem to be dropping a little, several are available on sites around $120 for upper deck tickets. Have been wondering, what are face value for tickets to this game?

DouginCMH
    Participant

I bought tickets in the upper deck last week, face value was $47, I believe (before Ticketmaster fees, of course). Had to be one of the cheaper tickets on offer.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: