Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Commons Outdoor Ice Rink- Winter 2012

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus Commons Outdoor Ice Rink- Winter 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Saint Murrays
    Participant

I’ve actually had some co-workers who are new to town ask if they had one at the Commons, I think it would be a great addition with a nice Christmas tree display.

MRipley
    Participant

Eh, just run the fountains at Bicentennial Park. There will be plenty of skating space once it gets cold enough.

AMEEKER
    Participant

This is going to be hard to say… but I’m from Dayton originally, and Dayton has Columbus beat when it comes to downtown during Christmas. I thought maybe it was just my foggy, dreamy memories of the downtown celebrations as a kid (seeing Santa and all), so we went back last year for the first time in over 15 years… and it was great. The Christmas parade, tree lighting, kids’ town, Lazarus windows, Santa, bands, and so much more. No simple carnival fair junk… but all Christmas centered for the family and kids.

And with the redevelopment of their Riverscape, they have added an outdoor ice rink, which was packed, and was fantastic. My daughter has asked about it throughout the year, and my grandmother-in-law who went with us asks, too. I’m not ashamed to say that we’re going to DAYTON to celebrate Christmas :-) , but it seems strange considering Columbus is so great in so many other ways.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: