Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

HighPoint at Columbus Commons

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development HighPoint at Columbus Commons

Viewing 11 posts - 601 through 611 (of 611 total)
  • Author
    KACramer
    KACramer
    Participant

Just came on here as I was curious why all this retail space is still empty… the plywood is starting to look a little sad… especially when half the signage is falling down. Just seems strange… I wonder if they are asking an insane amount for rent or something.

The juice bar thing is a big disappointment. To be honest, I think the whole “organic juice” diet thing is a fad that will be forgotten in a year in favor of the next Dr. Oz promoted weight loss scheme :) But I could be wrong… it just seems like a very, VERY niche market. I wish they would open a department store of some kind downtown… A Kohl’s downtown (as long as it doesn’t look like a Kohl’s and fits into the rest of the urban landscape) would be lovely… just my two cents. Maybe a Macy’s or H&M? I was not around in the glory days of Lazarus, but I still can sense the “hole” left by it’s closing.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Construction is happening inside PurePressed!

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Construction is happening inside PurePressed!

Awesome! Hopefully with this plus the Harvest Pizza crew’s concept in 250 S High, more will start to fill in. An additional 1,000 or so residents won’t hurt. I’m very bullish on this area.

Miracle
    Participant

Got a look inside late last week while they were working and a lot of the work is done. It did surprise me how small of a spot it is though.

News
    Participant

First Look: PurePressed Juicery Opens Downtown
    April 3, 2015 7:52 am – Walker Evans

The Highpoint on Columbus Commons officially got its first retail operator today with the grand opening of PurePressed Juicery at 194 South High Street. The new fresh pressed juice bar is offering a menu of mixed fruit, vegetable and nut juices all made in-house where customers can see the process.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-purepressed-juicery-opens-downtown

News
    Participant

Via FB:

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Good! Some out door seating will help that dead space along High. Even if it is only 2 tables.

JAL
    Participant

From these drawings looks like Highpoint is getting their second business on the street level.

Miracle
    Participant

According to the article on the new Edwards building on High between Gay & Long, there is only 6,000 sq ft left of the 22,700 lease-able retail space. If this is the case, i would imagine we will be seeing some announcements soon-ish.

News
    Participant

de-NOVO Planning Relocation to Highpoint on Columbus Commons
    July 17, 2015 12:22 pm – Walker Evans

According to a teaser posted on Facebook yesterday, de-NOVO Bistro & Bar may soon be getting a new home. Currently located at 201 South High Street, the restaurant may soon be moving across the street to a first-floor retail space inside Highpoint at Columbus Commons.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/de-novo-planning-relocation-to-highpoint-on-columbus-commons

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

The new neighborhood bar concept at the old deNovo location sounds even cooler.

Viewing 11 posts - 601 through 611 (of 611 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE