Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

HighPoint at Columbus Commons

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development HighPoint at Columbus Commons

• This topic has 610 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Gus WGus W.
Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 611 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

My assumption is that vagueness without naming names means that a LOI is signed (or maybe even a verbal agreement) but no lease is signed yet.

Working on gathering more details this morning.

JAL
    Participant

I wonder if the Cell Phone store will be Sprint’s new location since space in it’s former Gay & High location isn’t probably going to be available for quite awhile.

heresthecasey
    Participant

The unnamed Cold Pressed Juice bar has applied for construction permits from the city to build out their space, and the design professional listed is GRAD architects. They’re the firm responsible for designing some very nice commercial work around town (Jeni’s, Northstar, Homage), so that bodes well for what we can expect here also.

EuroOkie
    Participant

I wonder if the “fast casual restaurant” is a Subway…

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

I wonder if the “fast casual restaurant” is a Subway…

There was talk of Bibibop which I hope turns out to be more than just talk.

FunkBrothers
    Participant

You know, Piada doesn’t have a Downtown location just yet. With eight locations in the Columbus Area, the next logical step would be Downtown or the Short North. The only drawback is that every Piada tends to architecturally different from one another and there might be limitations with the materials to work with at Highpoint. Landing Piada at Highpoint would be a coup d’etat.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I asked Piada CEO Chris Doody a few months ago about a Downtown / Short North location and he said they were certainly considering it, but are also primarily focused on regional/national growth right now.

I agree that a location at Columbus Commons would be great though. Would certainly kill during the week lunch rush. ;)

heresthecasey
    Participant

Update, the unnamed juice bar has a name,

PUREPRESSED JUICERY
    HEALTHY LIFESTYLE MEETS URBAN LIVING
    Purepressed Juicery is excited to announce it will be opening in early-Spring 2015 at the HighPoint on the Columbus Commons. The juicery will offer cold-pressed juice and organic eats to downtown Columbus through its retail store at HighPoint, Office and Business Delivery, and residential subscriptions.

http://www.purepressedjuicery.com/

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Can we unname the Juice bar again and start over? That name is F’d.

surber17
    Participant

I think the name is fine. Also, I saw that Columbus Commons was setting up all of their holiday lights yesterday, including a pretty large Christmas tree ….. nice.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The name is fine. Eager to see this block continue to grow.

Not that Tom
    Not that Tom
    Participant

Purepressed? that is the hardest name to say out loud

Say it 5x fast and I’ll buy you a juice

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Purepressed? that is the hardest name to say out loud

Say it 5x fast and I’ll buy you a juice

Just don’t call it PP for short. That’s not an ideal result, especially for a proprietor of juice.

EuroOkie
    Participant

That’s organic PP..

News
    Participant

PurePressed Juicery Opening at Columbus Commons
    November 13, 2014 12:58 pm – Walker Evans

The mixed-use development known as Highpoint at Columbus Commons is officially getting its first retail tenant, making it more than just a residential building. The PurePressed Juicery will be launching next Spring in a 950 square foot space on the south end of the building.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/purepressed-juicery-opening-at-columbus-commons

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 611 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS