Our City Online

Messageboard - Sports

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Blue Jackets 2015-2016 Season

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sports Columbus Blue Jackets 2015-2016 Season

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

News
    Participant

While disappointing, last season taught valuable lessons
    Thursday, 09.17.2015 / 5:00 AM ET / News
    By Katie Foglia – BlueJackets.com

Although the 2014-15 season was plagued by injuries and other “curveballs,” the Blue Jackets feel they learned a lot from it. “A lot of positives came out of it,” said coach Todd Richards. “I think it’s something that we can use, but for me, it’s the whole season…with high expectations comes lots of responsibilities and there’s just disappointment.”

READ MORE: http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=779403

Analogue Kid
    Participant

After such a dismal start even by CBJ standards, this is no surprise:

Blue Jackets introduce new head coach
    By Jerod Smalley
    Published: October 21, 2015, 9:24 am Updated: October 21, 2015, 11:35 am

COLUMBUS (WCMH) — Changes were inevitable. After an 0-7 start to the season, changes are coming to the Blue Jackets.

Columbus has fired head coach Todd Richards and replaced him with long-time NHL head coach John Tortorella. The news was first reported by TSN’s Darren Dreger and confirmed by the team just before 11 a.m. Wednesday.

Richards led the CBJ to the Stanley Cup playoffs in 2013 and led an injury-riddled roster on a late-season charge last season. But despite building perhaps the most talented roster in team history, Columbus flopped early this season. The Jackets have been outscored 34-13 through 7 games this season, including a 4-0 defeat to the Islanders Tuesday night.

Read more: http://nbc4i.com/2015/10/21/reports-blue-jackets-fire-head-coach-todd-richards/

RBloodworth
    Participant

Ugh, John Tortorella? Really?! For any baseball fans out there, this is the hockey equivalent of the Reds or Indians firing their manager 12 games into the season and replacing him with Ozzie Guillén. Yes, the man won a Stanley Cup more than a decade ago, but he’s best known for wearing players out with his psychotic antics and flaming out in spectacular fashion in every head coaching job he’s had. He barely even lasted a season in his last job in Vancouver, and he had one of the more talented rosters in the league to work with. More important, his buttoned-up defensive style of hockey doesn’t fit the offense-oriented players that this team currently has. If we were going to hire a veteran, Cup-winning coach whose defensive style of play doesn’t fit the roster and had been fired by multiple teams in the past, I would prefer that they re-hired Ken Hitchcock (Yes, I realize that he’s still coaching in St. Louis).

taxguy17
    Participant

Someday the Blue Jackets may learn from their mistakes …

http://www.si.com/nhl/2015/10/21/columbus-blue-jackets-need-to-learn-hire-john-tortorella

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

and then they won…not much of a hockey town or message board following, yep yawn, NHL is boorish and dull, give me the international game, bigger rink, more skill, better game.

taxguy17
    Participant

heresthecasey
    Participant

Last night’s game was pretty fun to watch. Hope they can continue the momentum with another win in Anaheim tonight!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘Sports’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: