Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Bike Share Systems in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Bike Share Systems in Columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 496 total)
  • Author

geoyui
    Participant

looks like one of the stations is up and running (from Mayor Coleman’s fb):

News
    Participant

First of CoGo Bike Share Stations Installed; Annual Memberships Now On Sale
    Published on July 17, 2013 2:00 pm
    By: Brent Warren

An event at Bicentennial Park today served as a “soft-launch” for the new CoGo bike share system; two stations were unveiled, the new bikes were admired, and Mayor Michael Coleman announced the beginning of annual membership sales.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-of-cogo-bike-share-stations-installed-annual-memberships-now-on-sale-bw1

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

I love the “riding tips” from the COGO website:

Riding Tips

“Use marked bike lanes or paths when available, except when marking turns or when it is unsafe to do so. If the road is too narrow for a bicycle and a car to travel safely side by side, you have the right to ride in the middle of the travel lane.

Bicycling is permitted on all main and local streets throughout the Bay Area region, even when no designated route exists”

I’m reluctant to rely on their rigorous analysis of local bicycle laws.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The Gay Street station was installed this morning. Just needs the bikes! ;)

Graybeak
    Participant

It’s hard to get a sense of scale in the photos, but I hope the bikes won’t block too much of the sidewalk there.

groundrules
    Participant

i don’t mean to nitpick here, but a lil’ basket on the back would have been rad.

NDaEast
    Participant

This will be great for the city. I used one in South Beach and loved the convenience and flexibility. Not sure this came through clearly to all, but you do not have to have a membership to ride … you can buy a trip at a time, which is ideal for those times when friends come to visit and you want to ride with them.

geoyui
    Participant

NDaEast said:
    This will be great for the city. I used one in South Beach and loved the convenience and flexibility. Not sure this came through clearly to all, but you do not have to have a membership to ride … you can buy a trip at a time, which is ideal for those times when friends come to visit and you want to ride with them.

Yup. Boston’s was $5 for a 24 hour period. Now the CoGo site says

Ride Codes are good for only one trip. For subsequent trips during your Pass period, swipe your credit or debit card at a kiosk to receive a new Ride Code at no extra cost.

It would be more convenient if you could just use the original code. That’s how Boston’s worked. You would ride to any station, lock it up, and then use your pin again to unlock another bike, at another station (if you were closer to a different station) when you’re ready to bike some more, as long as it’s within the 24 hr period.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

A few more installation photos via Facebook:

CSCC:

Gay Street:

The City Hall Station:

leftovers

looking good!

geoyui
    Participant

What bikeshare apps support CoGo? I actually emailed Biximo if they will add CoGo and they said in a winter update they’ll add it. Spotcycle supports many cities, about triple the amount Biximo does. It would be nice if either listed Columbus.

jbcmh81
    Participant

http://bikes.oobrien.com/global.php

Really hope Columbus shows up on this map at some point.

joev
    Participant

geoyui said:
    What bikeshare apps support CoGo? I actually emailed Biximo if they will add CoGo and they said in a winter update they’ll add it. Spotcycle supports many cities, about triple the amount Biximo does. It would be nice if either listed Columbus.

I believe they’re working on SpotCycle.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

joev said:
    I believe they’re working on SpotCycle.

The official app is Cycle Finder. The app is already up and running and though its only kind of active for CoGo you can see how it will work and also check out how it works in Chicago, Melbourne, and Chattanooga.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

The OTE CoGo station at Oak & Parsons is under construction.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 496 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: