Our City Online

Messageboard - Columbus Festivals

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Arts Festival 2011

Home Forums Events Columbus Festivals Columbus Arts Festival 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Produced by the Greater Columbus Arts Council the Columbus Arts Festival is the city’s welcome-to-summer event, pairing the finest artists and craftspeople with continuous entertainment including hands-on art activities, musical performances and food from the area’s finest restaurants. Join us in the Discovery District June 3, 4 & 5 for great art, music, food and fun!

MORE: http://columbusartsfestival.org

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

This might just be my favorite festival in the city. I love the new location, it was just what that under utilized part of the city needed. But I mainly love it because of the affordable art that I have been able to fill my home with over the years :)

BCNation
    Participant

BCNation
    Participant

Porky wrote >>
    This might just be my favorite festival in the city. I love the new location, it was just what that under utilized part of the city needed. But I mainly love it because of the affordable art that I have been able to fill my home with over the years :)

Get used to the new location, because they’re moving back to the old location next year. ;)

rus
    rus
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

What’s the grumble for?

I’m also a fan of the current location. The tighter configuration makes it easier to walk from end to end and have everything closer together. Plus, it makes more sense to be in close proximity to the CMA and CCAD, both of which have more adjacent events to accompany the festival. The parking lots & garage at CSCC are a nice fit too.

The riverfront location is long and stretched out from end to end, and it’s surrounded by government buildings (closed all weekend) and a river that isn’t really much to look at.

The new infrastructure along the Scioto Mile will be nice, but doesn’t really add much other than aesthetics.

Keep the Arts Fest in the “Creative Campus” area of Downtown!

Cookie

Walker wrote >>
    What’s the grumble for?

He’s upset about all the artists and volunteers.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

BCNation wrote >>

Get used to the new location, because they’re moving back to the old location next year. ;)

I think you meant don’t get used to it, but what do you expect from a Michigan fan ;)

rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    What’s the grumble for?

I’m not a fan of the location. Putting in in those parking lots makes it harder for me to drive past it.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    Keep the Arts Fest in the “Creative Campus” area of Downtown!

I agree!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Cookie wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    What’s the grumble for?

Yeah, but there’s enough deep fried food with the various food vendors there, so that should balance things out, right? ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

rus wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    What’s the grumble for?

I’m not a fan of the location. Putting in in those parking lots makes it harder for me to drive past it.

Oh, sorry. I thought you had a legitimate complaint. It was just a whiny *grumble* then.

Twixlen
    Participant

Another vote for the current “Creative Campus” location. It makes sense there, and I really liked the set up, in terms of walkability.

However, needs moar food trucks.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker wrote >>

Cookie wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    What’s the grumble for?

Yeah, but there’s enough deep fried food with the various food vendors there, so that should balance things out, right? ;)

HA!

Think the last time I went to this was the last time it was on the river front. Got a penguin coffee mug from someone.

Would have been better if it was a chicken, come to think of it. The head / neck forms the handle, so it looks like you’re choking it.

Walking around the office while choking the chicken would be priceless.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Walker wrote >>

rus wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    What’s the grumble for?

Oh, sorry. I thought you had a legitimate complaint. It was just a whiny *grumble* then.

yeah, it wasn’t worth more than a *grumble*. I’m stuck driving through that area frequently, so as quickly as I can get in and out the better.

/shrug

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 76 total)

The forum ‘Columbus Festivals’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The 6th Annual Columbus Dessert Festival Returns!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO