Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Area Breweries

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus Area Breweries

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Author

DouginCMH
    Participant

A Lineage Brewing suggestion:

I really enjoy their beer and the atmosphere of the place. I do not particularly enjoy being mis-charged for my order. It’s happened to me FOUR times in the relatively short life of the brewery. And a work colleague has reported it happening on her visits, as well.

The problem appears to be sloppiness in the accurate ringing up of orders for clients running a credit card tab. One of several different servers might take your order over 2-3 hours. They all ask the last name on the order and give a confident nod that they’ve heard the name and will somehow remember it accurately, even when they then head off to another table to take their order. My experience has been – 3 times – being charged for beers I did not order and – 1 time – being charged for too few beers. The place wasn’t particularly busy at any of these times.

Fortunately, this situation should be fixable. And, like I said, I do enjoy their beers. Still, this isn’t a small detail, and it’s become annoying enough that I’m in no particular hurry to return to Lineage in the near future. When I do, I’ll probably go through the hassle of paying as I go. I suggest others consider doing the same OR keep careful track of your order and ask for an itemized receipt when paying (which, in my experience, they don’t usually provide).

duncanfj
    Participant

Did you bring this up to the people at Lineage?

News
    Participant

Rustic Brew Farm Aims to Provide Ohio-Grown Ingredients for Ohio-Made Beer
    BUSINESS PROFILES — BY SUSAN POST ON OCTOBER 2, 2015 AT 8:00 AM

A lot of craft beers are brewed in Ohio, but soon, if Rustic Brew Farm has anything to say about it, they will be made with Ohio-grown ingredients, too. Husband-and-wife team Matt and Michelle Cunningham started growing malt barley and hops on their family farm with the goal of supplying state-based breweries.

READ MORE: http://www.themetropreneur.com/columbus/rustic-brew-farm-aims-to-provide-ohio-grown-ingredients-for-ohio-made-beer/

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Yeah Marysville is hop central for local brewers. Little Bavaria :p

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Glad to hear they have a solid farming background. From what I’ve read about commercial hop growing getting the right alpha acids in your crop takes a lot of soil conditioning and treatment. You can’t just stick rhizomes in the ground and harvest the buds. Or you can (like I did in my ally) but who knows what taste they will produce.

RedStorm
    Participant

http://fourstringbrewing.com/taproom/

Four String has a tap room on 6th Ave in Grandview (that they’re still putting together).

Unfortunately, if you can’t write your prices correctly on a chalkboard and charge me 40% more than what you have posted, I’m not likely to bring my business back.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

I’ve never had any issues with the Four Strings tap room. It’s a little tiny and getting seating can be a challenge, but overall it’s a neat place to check out.

RedStorm
    Participant

I’ve never had any issues with the Four Strings tap room. It’s a little tiny and getting seating can be a challenge, but overall it’s a neat place to check out.

I don’t disagree, but if you tell me your listed price has changed AFTER I’ve already ordered and had the beers…that’s not great customer service.

DouginCMH
    Participant
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’m hoping to make it there tomorrow. But it might not be until pretty late.

DouginCMH
    Participant

Looks like Columbus Brewing Company is finally trying to clean up the confusion created by the existence of a local restaurant having the same name, but no legal connection to the brewery:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2016/04/29/1-columbus-brewing-brewery-wants-restaurant-of-same-name-to-drop-it.html

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

Re: http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2016/04/29/1-columbus-brewing-brewery-wants-restaurant-of-same-name-to-drop-it.html

Columbus Brewing Company has been busy with a lot over the last 18 months – moving to a new site, ramping up production, changing their logo and branding, and more, and now the a focus is on confusion regarding the use of Columbus Brewing Company as a name.

On a very positive note – there was a Columbus Brewing Co bar at the airport that was not affiliated with the Restaurant or the Brewery which is no longer has that name – it was the source of many, many bad Yelp reviews to the dismay of both the Brewery and the Restaurant.

A key point tucked into this article is that the Restaurant was required to use the Columbus Brewing Co. name when it started in 1997. That is something the current restaurant owner and the current brewery owner both inherited when they bought their respective businesses. Considering how much money the Brewery has spent on growing in the last year, they may not have enough money to offer to the restaurant to help solve the problem. As a small business – they can appreciate how much signage, web site design, webs site redirection and about a 20 year association with a name is worth / costs a business to change. The movement of the brewery away from the site is helpful and the fact that the new brewery logo and branding (which look great) looks very different that what the Restaurant has (signage, etc., is mostly from 15+ years ago). Internally the restaurant has changed their logo on glasses, shorts, etc to CBC Restaurant over a year ago vs. Columbus Brewing Company Restaurant. To solve this problem and in good faith, I think the brewery will need to fork some funds (or increase their offer if they made one) to help the restaurant make these changes. This situation can be resolved but if the brewery has not offered compensation to make the needed changes, they can’t fault the decision not to jump to take those actions – it is a lot of money to invest.

CMH Gourmand
    Participant

On a more positive note: The Columbus Ale Trail. https://cmhgourmand.com/2016/04/29/columbus-ale-trail-tales-volume-1/

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

“While brewers spend a lot of money on mash tuns and stainless steel,” he said, “I tell them that the most important thing they own is the name of their brewery.”

My name is my name!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I never thought naming your brewery after your city/location was a good idea anyway…

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 122 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO