Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus Area Breweries

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus Area Breweries

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice Lineage photos posted on FB: https://www.facebook.com/lineagebrewing

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

I kind of get a coffee shop feel looking at those pics.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I kind of get a coffee shop feel looking at those pics.

I can certainly see that.

Probably doesn’t hurt that the photos look like they were taken with mid-morning sun.

Get some photos of the space at night and I’m sure it would look more bar/brewery-esque. ;)

DouginCMH
    Participant

Pat’s Pints does a pretty solid job of reviewing Lineage:

http://patspints.com/2015/04/02/first-impressions-of-lineage-brewing/

I was there on Saturday. Really enjoyed it. The IPA was fresh as hell and delicious.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Pat’s Pints does a pretty solid job of reviewing Lineage:

http://patspints.com/2015/04/02/first-impressions-of-lineage-brewing/

I was there on Saturday. Really enjoyed it. The IPA was fresh as hell and delicious.

Very cool.

Stoked to see a Berliner Weiss on the lineup! Bell’s Oarsman has been a favorite beer of mine during the warmer months. That little bit of sourness is great. Really excited to check this out.

The coconut porter also sounds interesting, even though I don’t like coconut. I have a feeling my wife would love it.

DouginCMH
    Participant

It’s really not too sweet. I nice beer. While I do think that the English pale ale isn’t nearly ‘bitter’ enough to carry the tag, it’s a very solid beer. Good balance of malt, mouthfeel, modest carbonation. Very drinkable. They advertised a stout on the way.

duncanfj
    Participant

It’s really not too sweet. I nice beer. While I do think that the English pale ale isn’t nearly ‘bitter’ enough to carry the tag, it’s a very solid beer. Good balance of malt, mouthfeel, modest carbonation. Very drinkable. They advertised a stout on the way.

I think part of the problem is that they can’t seem to decide what it actually is. I’ve seen them call it an English bitter, for which the bitterness would be ok, but I’ve also seen them call it an English pale, and as you said it isn’t hoppy enough to be.

News
    Participant

Four String Brewing Expanding Operations on West Side
    April 29, 2015 4:53 pm – Walker Evans

Four String Brewing is the latest local beer production company to announce a major expansion plan, and the second one (following the Columbus Brewing Company) to do so on the city’s west side. Four String Founder Dan Cochran said yesterday that 660 North Hague Avenue will be home to 25,000 square feet of space that will allow the brewery to grow capacity by 300%.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/four-string-brewing-expanding-operations-on-west-side

News
    Participant

As Ohio Goes, so Goes the Nation — Columbus Edition
    Kyle Kastranec
    April 20, 2015

Columbus is the largest consumer test market in the United States. Its mix of diversity — age, wealth, ethnicity, beliefs — make it the perfect place to see how the newest square-pattied burger will fare or which seasonal latte flavor holds the most promise. The wants and whims of nearly 2,000,000 Columbus-area residents have long determined which products are ready for the national stage and which ones die in the R&D lab.

READ MORE: http://goodbeerhunting.com/blog/2015/4/19/as-ohio-goes-so-goes-the-nation-columbus

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Gonna check out Lineage soon. Their food menu looks incredible!

DouginCMH
    Participant

And then there were 29:

http://drinkupcolumbus.com/2015/05/08/ill-mannered-brewing-coming-to-powell/

30 soon, I hope, if the BrewDog deal goes through:

1 Columbus Brewing Company – 2555 Harrison Road, Columbus (tap room opens summer 2015)
    2 Seventh Son Brewing Co. – 1101 N 4th St, Columbus
    3 Zaftig Brewing Co. – 545 Schrock Rd, Columbus
    4 Barley’s Brewing Company – 467 N. High St., Columbus
    5 Smokehouse Brewing Co. – 1130 Dublin Rd., Columbus
    6 Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant – 401 N. Front Street, Columbus
    7 The Actual Brewing Co. – 655 N James Rd, Columbus
    8 Elevator Brewery & Draught Haus – 161 N High St, Columbus
    Elevator Brewing Company – 165 N. 4th Street, Columbus
    9 Sideswipe Brewing – 2419 Scioto Harper Dr, Columbus
    10 Four String Brewing Company – 985 W 6th Ave, Columbus
    11 Zauber Brewing Company – 909 W 5th Ave, Columbus
    12 North High Brewing Company – 1288 N High St, Columbus
    13 Wolf’s Ridge Brewing – 215 N 4th St, Columbus
    14 Hofbrauhaus Columbus – 800 Goodale Blvd, Columbus
    15 Lineage Brewing – 2971 N High Street, Columbus
    16 Pigskin Brewing Company – 81 Mill Street, Gahanna
    17 Knotty Pine Brewing – 1765 West Third Avenue, Columbus
    18 Land-Grant Brewing Company – 424 Town St., Columbus
    19 RAM Restaurant & Brewery – 920 N High St, Columbus (spring 2016)
    20 The Brew Brothers, Scioto Downs Racino – 6000 S High St, Columbus (late 2015)
    21 Temperance Row Brewing – 41 N State St, Westerville
    22 Ill Mannered Brewing – 30 Grace Drive, Powell (autumn 2015)
    23 Rockmill Brewing – 5705 Lithopolis Road NW, Lancaster
    24 Staas Brewing – 31 W Winter St., Delaware
    25 Restoration Brew Worx – 25 N Sandusky St., Delaware (spring 2015)
    26 Homestead Beer Company – 811 Irving Wick Drive West, Heath
    27 Granville Brewing Company – Granville (no tasting room)
    28 Buckeye Lake Brewery – 5176 Walnut Road, Buckeye Lake
    29 Hoof Hearted Brewing – Marengo (Italian Village brewpub opening 2015)

DouginCMH
    Participant
    Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Fwiw, I’ve seen a big uptick in Airbnb travelers here solely for beer… Enough to warrant compiling a big “Cbus Beer Guide” info map I leave for everyone..

joev
    Participant

Nancy H
    Participant

Bumping Walker’s nearly two year old question…

Does anyone know if any local breweries other than Elevator and CBC are bottling their beer? I’ve heard from some of the new upstarts that it’s a part of the eventual plan, but as far as I’m aware, pretty much everyone just does kegs and growlers only right now.

Any bottles out there?

I never really liked beer, but I grew up in the mega-brewery years. Recently I have been exploring some of the microbrewery brews. And I like them! So… want to explore some of the 30 or so local brewery products.

Walker’s comment made me realize why I can not find much beyond Columbus Brewing Company and Elevator in local grocery stores. A keg is a bit much unless you are having a party or have a serious drinking problem. Growlers sounded like the answer. Giant Eagle’s Market District stores say (on their website) that they have growlers. So, last night, when I was picking up some groceries, I inquired. The employee I asked (working in the beer & wine department) sort of had this glazed expression on his face, like I had asked where they kept the aardvark feathers. So, I said “maybe I am not pronouncing the word correctly” and spelled it. He still looked dazed and confused.

A very nice late 20-something guy, who happened to be shopping in the beer department said “you are pronouncing it right, but I have never seen growlers in this store.” He pointed out their craft beer section (if you could call it that) and made some suggestions. I was in the Grandview Yard MDGE store. They did have Columbus Brewing, Elevator, and North High Brewing. I have tried CBC and Elevator, so I bought some of NH’s Milk Stout and some Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald Porter.

So, a question for all you beer enthusiasts – where can I buy bottles, cans or growlers of locally crafted beer without resorting to driving from microbrewery to microbrewery?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 122 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: