Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus "An Open Look" Video from The Columbus Foundation

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus "An Open Look" Video from The Columbus Foundation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

christylwilliams
    Participant

ugh… that was painful. The production quality is good, but shame on the folks (aka the committee, I assume) that wrote it. This video has no heart.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

That is truly awful. Great idea, horrible execution. I also think all actors should show this when they ask for more money.

Seriously.

Its horrible.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

BTW, its a 4 minute video and the credits start at like 2:08…REALLY?!?

I watched it again, and now I’m actually almost angry. Did this cost money? Who the hell paid it, and more importantly who got paid? There’s 8 year olds with Windows Movie Maker who are wondering if they can buy this on Betamax.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

MY EYES!! Although I like the “open look” gimmick..

cbus11

uggh…+4

truly awful

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

In all fairness… this was the rough draft version aired at an event yesterday. I imagine a re-edit would probably address some of the concerns expressed.

cbus11

It brings up memories of poorly put together powerpoint presentations with an ineffectual attempt at repetition for emphasis. I kind of think somebody needs to step in or really step up.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Not the Foundation’s best work.

Too repetitive; doesn’t tell a story or bring the viewer in, let alone accomplish its mission of selling Columbus.

Diversity is more than minorities saying “diversity.” Columbus is an extremely diverse town, and this video doesn’t demonstrate that. Among other things.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Walker said:
    In all fairness… this was the rough draft version aired at an event yesterday. I imagine a re-edit would probably address some of the concerns expressed.

I normally like this kind of thing normally Walk…but you can’t edit awful footage into a good video.

atalou
    Participant

I agree. This is bad.

I get the idea…but they’ve forgotten the power of “Show, don’t tell.”

I think four minutes of entrepreneurs, artists, and community members talking about their experience would have a greater impact that people saying the words over and over.

Was this created by the same person who thought the “Nothing tips like a cow” t-shirts at CMH were a good idea?

Coremodels said:
    I normally like this kind of thing normally Walk…but you can’t edit awful footage into a good video.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE