Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Taxis in Columbus

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation Taxis in Columbus

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author

roy
    Participant

DTown said: Yeah, I’m a bit fuzzy on this myself. Who flies into town on business and looks to hop on board a city bus to take them to their hotel?…I don’t think sub $20 cab rides from CMH to downtown hotels are going to put off many corporate travelers.

These posters are correct: downtown hotels (and many non-downtown hotels) run airport shuttles, travelers expect them, it’s built into room cost and no doubt has meaningful impact on COTAs CMH service.

Paul
    Participant

Walker said:
    Just like how most roads aren’t profitable.

LOL!!!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Paul said:
    LOL!!!

Parks too. We’re not getting enough revenue from our highly subsidized parks. ;)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Columbus sucks.

JB05
    Participant

mrpoppinzs said:
    Because it is a pain in the ass to use…

It definitely is, but it’s a big cost-saver over a taxi. A taxi from NW Columbus to the airport costs me about $40

Last weekend, a 2 mile walk with luggage, 1 transfer and 2.5 hours later, I got to the airport by bus. It sucked, but it only cost $2. Saving $38 over 2.5h = $15.20 savings/hour.

Like any transit experience, you’re best to plan ahead and bring something to read/do while you wait.

leftovers

JB05 said:

Last weekend, a 2 mile walk with luggage, 1 transfer and 2.5 hours later, I got to the airport by bus.

Like any transit experience, you’re best to plan ahead and bring something to read/do while you wait.

Lol, that has to be the understatement of the year!

Graybeak
    Participant

JB05 said:
    It definitely is, but it’s a big cost-saver over a taxi. A taxi from NW Columbus to the airport costs me about $40

Last weekend, a 2 mile walk with luggage, 1 transfer and 2.5 hours later, I got to the airport by bus. It sucked, but it only cost $2. Saving $38 over 2.5h = $15.20 savings/hour.

I suppose you if decide that your time is worth that, then good job!

News
    Participant

Riders Who Vomit In Columbus Cabs Will Have To Pay
    Monday February 3, 2014 9:45 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Taxi cab drivers in Columbus are tired of cleaning up after drunk people who vomit in their vehicles. Now the hurling passengers will have to pay.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/02/03/oh–taxis-vomit-fee.html

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: