CMH Fashion Week, October 6-13, 2013
- This topic is empty.
- May 24, 2013 2:36 pm at 2:36 pm #97340
Designers Selected for 2013 CMH Fashion Week’s Finale Runway Show and Bridal Show
CMH Fashion Week is excited to unveil the 16 designers whose collections have been selected to grace the runway in the Finale Runway Show, October 12 and the five designers whose collections will showcased in the Bridal Show, October 11.
Among hundreds of hopeful designers presenting their sketches and samples before a panel of fashion experts, this group of talented designers was selected for their creativity, passion, attention to detail and originality. Very soon, CMHFW will be announcing its Finale Runway Show headlining designer.
The Finale Runway Show designers include:
· Azmara Asefa – Anarchitectural designer and Columbus native, Asefa’s Wearable Environments II collection synthesizes fashion and architectural material exploration with items like wood veneer, tyvek and felt, with Ethiopian cultural references through form, fabric and tessellated patterns- all with an East London edge. http://azmaraasefa.tumblr.com/
· Olivia Brezinski – The22-year-old fashion designer is newly graduated from CCAD with a design aesthetic that is elegant, yet edgy at the same time, and a reflection of her feelings.
· Genoveva Christoff – With fashion-forward, chic, feminine, sophisticated and sexy designs,in 2012, she was invited to present at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York, presented by Simon Doonan and attended by celebrities including Mary-Kate Olsen and Debra Messing among others. She was First Runner-up in the Adrianna Papell for E! Live from the Red Carpet contest.Her designs are available at Brigade boutique. http://www.genovevadesigns.com
· Makayla Cook and Olivia VanScoyoc of Dirty Laser – Dirty Laser for young, fashion forward individuals, uses leather, neutrals, booty shorts and high heels for casual, minimalistic, sick clothes you’ll never want to take off.It’s sold at Royal Factory in the Short North. dirtylaser.com
· Shann Cortes – Her designsmake women feel sexy and free. Her garments are cut off the bias, creating a soft and flowy feel. She works in high quality silk, lace and leather.
· Marquis Engel – The man behind Popular Culture, his work is inspiring, fresh and cutting edge. Marquis has shown his work in several local shows and will make his debut at CMH Fashion Week.
· Eugene Frimpong of St. Frimpong – St. Frimpong is a mixture of African and Western culture and the epitome of everlasting glam. African heritage and glam create an enticing new look that’s edgy, confident and elegant, with a flare of culture, made for the modern woman.
· Jennica Gray – Specializing in women’s fashion design with aspirations of working in film or for a high-end fashion label, Gray creates flowing feminine clothing that accentuates the female form.
· Kassie Haji – At 24, this fluid designer strives to achieve beauty, detail, and comfort. Using exciting detail, unexpected fabrics, and innovative technique she allows her inspiration to melt and solidify around the curves and length of natural human form, expressing beauty, as she alone sees it.
· Gary J. Jones –A suit engineer who spent the last seven years working in fashion under two master tailors, he has styled notable people nationally and internationally. He has been featured in both CMH Fashion Week and Phoenix Fashion Week. Jones Select features custom shirts, suits and ready-wear. http://www.jonescustomclothing.com
· Rachel Kaplan – The 22-year-old Columbus native is a 2012 CCAD graduate. An Abercrombie & Fitch designer, she created RachelLynn – a clean, feminine, modern, trendy women’s wear line.
· Ray Marsh – A graduate of the Kent State Fashion School, Marsh won the Best Casual/Sportswear award at his senior thesis show. He has been doing custom designs since 2012, converging street style, rock & roll and luxury to create contemporary fashions for any age. http://rmarsh4202.wix.com/portfolio.
· Lubna Najjar of Lubna Designs – Lubna Designs is inspired by the woman’s body with a sense of Middle Eastern culture formality and an understanding the correlation of the science of fabric and how it moves when you move. With clients from coast to coast, she hosts trunk shows in Columbus and Amman. http://lubnadesigns.com
· Ryan Richmond – From formal and semi-formal dresses, to runway collections and couture costume competitions, to custom gowns for the Grammy Awards, Richmond has been approached by casting producers to work with local and international celebrities (Nina West, Dominique Reihgard, and Rihanna). http://lepluspetitprince.tumblr.com
· Damien Sheppard – Sheppard classifies his brand as urban sophistication for professionals with a focus on customized apparel involving the customer. https://www.facebook.com/dameshepp
· Erica Woodmore – Creating modern history, Woodmore designs beautiful clothing that surpasses yet appreciates trends and fluidly moves through the continuum of time. Classic American sensibility, Erica Dawn Woodmore takes you from day to dawn with customizable separates.www.ericadawnwoodmore.com
The Bridal Show designers include:
· Vanni Wang of Lucio Vanni, Headliner – Vanni Wang began her career in Southeast China with clients including the fashion houses of Chanel, Armani, Prada, BCBG and DKNY. Her designs include classic silhouettes in artistic and couture styles. She was honored as one of Cleveland Magazine’s Most Interesting People in 2013. She launched Lucio Vanni Couture Bridal, a luxury couture bridal line, in September 2012. She hopes to captures the hearts of brides-to-be with her sophisticated, handcrafted bridal collection made of the finest America and European fabrics and exquisite details. Ms. Wang’s bridal collection has been shown at COUTURE: New York Fashion Week and one of her gowns was recognized by the Knot Magazine as the editor’s top pick. http://www.luciovanni.com
· Cierra Reeve-Cunningham of Cierra Lauren Designs – Intricate details created through the use of raw edges, creative stitching, or appliqued design and exquisite attention to detail define her designs ranging from ready-to-wear items, like leather bags and coats, to luxurious wedding gowns. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cierra-Lauren-Designs/251675574882635
· Joan Madison of Joan’s Bridal – With degrees in Fashion Design from Fashion Institute of Technology and Syracuse University, she worked in New York with Ellen Tracy, Liz Claiborne and Ann Taylor before relocating to Columbus for The Limited and Express. In 2000, she opened her own bridal boutique for custom, couture bridal gowns. Her distinctive line features details of asymmetric draping, peplums, ruching, and layering. http://www.joansbridalcouture.com.
· Jennifer Rose Diehl of The Ritzy Rose –The Ritzy Rose began in 2010 with a vision to make a mark on the wedding industry by providing unique items. After just 10 months, Miranda Lambert carried their bouquet down the aisle in her wedding with Blake Shelton. Diehl graduated from Cornell with a degree in Textile and Apparel Design. http://www.theritzyrose.com
· Christen Schneider of Solitary Pearl –Uniting honesty and fashion, Solitary Pearl creates designs with a fresh take on the romantic style, understated to highlight well-fit form and style in gorgeous hand-woven silk from a Cambodian Fair Trade women’s collective. Christen Schneider is the head designer and main mind behind Solitary Pearl. A “self-taught” designer and a sewing junky, she is passionate about beautiful design, high quality, honest service and helping people. http://solitarypearl.com/
About CMH Fashion Week – October 6 – October 13, 2013August 30, 2013 7:01 pm at 7:01 pm #543382
CMH Fashion Week Announces the 2013 Finale Runway Show Headliner: NARY MANIVONG
Famed Columbus native living in New York returns home taking CMH Fashion Week to new heights
Columbus, OH, August 30, 2013–CMH Fashion Week is proud to announce the headliner of the 2013 Finale Runway Show, Columbus native, Nary Manivong. Manivong will join 13 local designers for the outdoor show to be held under a tent along the Scioto River behind COSI, October 12, 2013.
“I remember being inspired by the beauty of clothes,” says now New York based designer Nary Manivong “and what it would be like to create garments for the type of woman I want to dress.”
Dressing “that woman” is the inspiration that took the self-taught designer from the streets of Columbus, Ohio, to New York City where he started the Nary Manivong label. The Laotian-American designer has been heralded by Women’s Wear Daily as one of twelve designers to watch and was also nominated by Fashion Group International for the Rising Star Women’s Ready-to-Wear Award in 2009 and 2010.Manivong is also the star in the highly touted film documentary, DRESSED, which chronicles his story from homelessness to star fashion designer.
“We are so excited to welcome Nary home,” said CMH Executive Director Tommy McClure. “Participation from this level of talent is evidence that CMH Fashion Week is becoming an establishedand reputable addition to the lineup of Fashion Weeks all over the world.”
Manivong also had success as a partner with Ally Hilfiger in their line NAHM. His design philosophy is focused on a self-assured, sophisticated and eclectic woman who expresses herself through clothing that flows effortlessly with the demands of her everyday life. The result: functionality, sensuality and attitude.
Manivong will arrive to Columbus the week of September 26th. He will be available for interviews during that week and at the Finale Runway Show, October 12th.For more information on Nary Manivong go to http://narymanivong.com/ .
About CMH Fashion Week – October 6 – October 12, 2013
Edgy, unexpected, bold, sophisticated, artistic, sexy, fun. If it’s fashionable in Columbus, it will likely be part of CMH Fashion Week. You’ve heard of New York Fashion Week. You’ve heard of Miami Fashion Week. But, did you know that CMH Fashion Week is the largest fashion movement in the Midwest. Why? Because we are home to several of the world’s most recognized national and international fashion brands. Those that define and dictate daily wear style for multitudes worldwide. During CMH Fashion Week, we shine a white-hot spotlight on Columbus’ fashion industry. The designers, the models, the photographers … the adrenalin rousing glamor of it all. But, it’s not just fashion, it’s fashion with a heart. Because as a non-profit organization, while CMH Fashion Week provides a platform to promote local designers, talent and businesses, we also fund a scholarship for emerging designers and create educational programs to benefit the community. For information visit http://www.CMHFashionWeek.comAugust 30, 2013 11:36 pm at 11:36 pm #543383
Exciting news about Nary Manivong! Met him at the Dressed documentary premiere at the Drexel back in 2011. Such great talent with a compelling story.September 8, 2013 7:00 pm at 7:00 pm #543384
Lucio Vanni Headlines First CMH Fashion Week Bridal Runway Show
Mark your calendars for October 11, 2013
Columbus, OH, September 6, 2013 — CMH Fashion Week is expanding this season to include its very first bridal runway show — with headlining designer Lucio Vanni — to be held Friday, October 11 as part of the festivities of Fashion Week.
CMH Fashion Week’s inaugural bridal runway show will feature the most elegant, original and talented designers and salons catering to bridal couture in Columbus.Columbus’ chicest brides-to-be and their entourages can expect a romantic evening of beautiful, bold bridal fashion in the Grand Ballroom of the Sheraton on Capital Square that will be entirely transformed by Kasey Skobel-Conyers of Bliss Event Design.
Headlining the event is Lucio Vanni, showcasing the creative works of international fashion designer and serial entrepreneur, Vanni Wang. The Lucio Vanni Couture collection is a high-fashion presentation of classic designs made for the affluent consumers from all walks of life. Wang graced the cover of Cleveland Magazine as one of its most interesting people in 2013. And, her collection was shown during New York Couture Bridal Fashion Week this past April. In addition, CMH Fashion Week’s inaugural bridal runway show will include one of the country’s foremost wedding cake designers and contributing editor for Martha Stewart LivingWendy Kromer.
Where: Sheraton Columbus on Capitol Square
75 E State St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Where: Friday, October 11, 2013
6p: Cocktails and Style Suite
7:15p: Bridal Runway Show
Tickets: $15 and can be purchased on the CMHFW website soon
The forum ‘Miscellaneous Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.