Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Clintonville KFC, RIP

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Clintonville KFC, RIP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 256 total)
  • Author

blammo
    Participant

takeasiesta wrote >>
    I still can’t believe the holy chicken trinity on E. 5th and Cleveland is still there after all these years.

they recently converted the rally’s on the northwest corner to a 4th chicken restaurant

takeasiesta

blammo wrote >>

takeasiesta wrote >>
    I still can’t believe the holy chicken trinity on E. 5th and Cleveland is still there after all these years.

they recently converted the rally’s on the northwest corner to a 4th chicken restaurant

How is it getting stronger? I die a little every time I drive by there.

Columbusite

Ahh, ya beat me. I believe it’s called “Buckeye Chicken”?

As for the closed KFC I noticed that last week and ideally some kind of urban infill would be great (the urban overlay has been implemented on High…). This sprawling area totally disconnects Clintonville from Old North Columbus.

blammo
    Participant

purveyors of fried chicken have apparently found their market at that weird-ass corner. Church’s is always packed when i drive past.

shadytree

You mean you’ll miss the lunch gun?

LauraA

groundrules wrote >>
    you guys need to point out were the real super sweet high-brow KFCs are.

rofl

DonnaTate

Columbusite wrote >>
    As for the closed KFC I noticed that last week and ideally some kind of urban infill would be great (the urban overlay has been implemented on High…). This sprawling area totally disconnects Clintonville from Old North Columbus.

Isn’t that the place that says everything is just $1? That kind of scares me.

Cookie

blammo wrote >>
    purveyors of fried chicken have apparently found their market at that weird-ass corner. Church’s is always packed when i drive past.

That place is like Four Corners, but with fried chicken.

Twixlen
    Participant

Mebbe fried chicken is the new Starbucks.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, I always giggle when I drive through “The Chicken District”. ;)

rprpclark
    Participant

We stopped going to KFC. We get probably 50% incorrect orders, and often, stale chicken.

Anonymous
    Inactive

rprpclark wrote >>
    We stopped going to KFC. We get probably 50% incorrect orders, and often, stale chicken.

Lemme get this straight-a fast food restaurant filled an order incorrectly and the food wasn’t fresh? I don’t believe it!

dirtgirl
    Participant

Husband asked me what I’d prefer on that corner – a KFC or an abandoned KFC. hmm, that’s a toughie… hopefully it won’t stay shuttered for long.

Personally I think it’d make a great location for a Clintonville Graffiti Burger.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

DonnaTate wrote >>

Columbusite wrote >>

Isn’t that the place that says everything is just $1? That kind of scares me.

Are these the same people that did Buckeye Fried Chicken over on the East side?

“Buckeye Fry” used to be my spot when they were over on Livingston and I lived off Bryden.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

I recently had a dream of a man in a white suit, holding out a dozen eggs to me from a balcony surrounded by live oaks draped in Spanish moss… THE COLONEL, TRYING TO SEND A MESSAGE FROM SHORES BEYOND? Clearly there is a disturbance in the Force. Go to the intersection of 5th and Cleveland at the stroke of midnight, close your eyes and spin thrice counterclockwise. If you survive, walk into whatever fried chicken establishment you are now facing, and order one drumstick. If any part of the fried coating forms the letters “ZEBULON”, liquidate all of your assets and leave the country immediately. You’re welcome.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 256 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE