Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Clintonville KFC, RIP

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Clintonville KFC, RIP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 256 total)
  • Author
    rus
    rus
    Participant

Manatee wrote >>

rus wrote >>

lifeontwowheels wrote >>
    There’s a winning strategy. “Eat your veggies…they taste like bacon!”

For the record, kale sauteed in bacon fat isn’t bad.

Hey Mikey!

Not entirely… but if one has to eat green things, cooking said green things in bacon fat makes it easier. Not healthier, of course, but easier.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Cross-linking to the Ghosts thread, I really miss the biscuits from Sister’s Chicken and Biscuits.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Talcott wrote >>

0Angle wrote >>
    My family just finished eating the Thai Red Curry I made for supper and I detected the smell of bacon from the computer and had to find out why.

Bacon Curry? That might be the most brilliant culinary idea ever.

Thai Red Curry with Tofu AND Crispy Braised Pork Belly…I think I know what my next Thai fix will be!

DavidF
    Participant

alexs wrote >>
    Cross-linking to the Ghosts thread, I really miss the biscuits from Sister’s Chicken and Biscuits.

I worked there just out of high school. Good food, great biscuits. It’s a shame they went downhill so fast after Wendy’s sold them.

Columbusite

It’s all painted light and dark brown now. Something is going on up there. Barrio II?

Talcott

0Angle wrote >>

Talcott wrote >>

0Angle wrote >>
    My family just finished eating the Thai Red Curry I made for supper and I detected the smell of bacon from the computer and had to find out why.

Bacon Curry? That might be the most brilliant culinary idea ever.

Thai Red Curry with Tofu AND Crispy Braised Pork Belly…I think I know what my next Thai fix will be!

The tofu makes it healthy!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Columbusite wrote >>
    It’s all painted light and dark brown now. Something is going on up there. Barrio II?

Good googamooga, wouldn’t that be great!

Lakee911
    Participant

still haven’t noticed anything going on except the new paint anyone know what is up?

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Lots of fresh graffiti on the newly painted walls. Big, ugly, awful tags covering the entire building. : (

VicVillage Guy
    Participant

No one is currently committed to the site. The new paint job is just so it doesn’t resemble a closed KFC. It allows people to think of it being a different restaurant/use without thinking about it being a former KFC.

Lakee911
    Participant

Thanks for the update.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Graffiti Burger Coming Soon in Old North Columbus:

Graffiti Burger Coming Soon in Old North Columbus

thorne

dirtgirl wrote >>
    Husband asked me what I’d prefer on that corner – a KFC or an abandoned KFC. hmm, that’s a toughie… hopefully it won’t stay shuttered for long.
    Personally I think it’d make a great location for a Clintonville Graffiti Burger.

Nailed it.

Pablo
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    Graffiti Burger Coming Soon in Old North Columbus:
    https://www.columbusunderground.com/graffiti-burger-coming-soon-in-old-north-columbus

A couple of guys were hanging up a “Now Open” sign this morning.

crsimp01
    crsimp01
    Participant

Sweet..its half a block from my house!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 256 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE