Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Clintonville KFC, RIP

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Clintonville KFC, RIP

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 256 total)
  • Author
    crsimp01
    crsimp01
    Participant

I hear the Clintonville KFC is no more. Apparently a note on the door says “permanently closed”.

I think I just died a little inside…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Now where am I going to get my caged, de-beaked, hormone and antibiotic enriched, deep fried poultry?

michaelcoyote
    Participant

0Angle wrote >>
    Now where am I going to get my caged, de-beaked, hormone and antibiotic enriched, deep fried poultry?

mmmm, de-beaked…

Twixlen
    Participant

I was just by there yesterday and can confirm – it is indeed closed. Looks like some stripping of the building has even started, as it seemed there were things missing.

lifeliberty
    Participant

I liked that KFC, the Jamaican(I think) lady was awesome. I wonder where she ended up.

misskitty
    Participant

0Angle wrote >>

Easy almost anywhere that sells mass produced chicken. :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

misskitty wrote >>

0Angle wrote >>

WE HAVE A WINNER!

Last night I smoked Gerber wings for an hour, tossed ’em in BBQ sauce for the kids and BBQ & Sirachi for me, grilled ’em on each side and my 8 year old said they were better than any restaurant. (He had asked for BW3 for our “boy’s night”…)

misskitty
    Participant

0Angle wrote >>

misskitty wrote >>

0Angle wrote >>

WE HAVE A WINNER!
    Last night I smoked Gerber wings for an hour, tossed ’em in BBQ sauce for the kids and BBQ & Sirachi for me, grilled ’em on each side and my 8 year old said they were better than any restaurant. (He had asked for BW3 for our “boy’s night”…)

Man I love wings made at home. I get so disappointed by places who’s wings seem like they come from anorexic chickens. The only two places that did not leave me feeling like that were the Elevator and Wings and Rings. They have chicken wings with meat on them.
    Homemade is best made :D

crsimp01
    crsimp01
    Participant

“Homemade is best made :D”

A resounding applause for misskitty, she hit the nail on the head.

Coreroc

I hate to say it but I am glad that this less than par KFC location has closed. I personally hope that the one on 5th Ave follows in the very near future as that may be the worst KFC in the city.

Twixlen
    Participant

Coreroc wrote >>
    I hate to say it but I am glad that this less than par KFC location has closed. I personally hope that the one on 5th Ave follows in the very near future as that may be the worst KFC in the city.

No way – the one on Eaton that is a KFC/Long John Silvers is definitely the worst. I mean, I’ve driven thru there, gotten chicken and taters, and had it actually smell rancid. As though they were frying the chicken and the fish in the same oil.

Horrifying.

groundrules
    Participant

you guys need to point out were the real super sweet high-brow KFCs are.

woofman
    Participant

Interesting…. The KFC in Gahanna on Hamilton Rd. recently closed as well. I wonder if this is a trend? I hope something local and/or worthy replaces them both.

lifeliberty
    Participant

Maybe Cluck-U-Chicken is beating them out?!

takeasiesta

I still can’t believe the holy chicken trinity on E. 5th and Cleveland is still there after all these years.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 256 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE