Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Olympic Mixed-Use Apartment Development - Former Olympic Swim Club

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The Olympic Mixed-Use Apartment Development – Former Olympic Swim Club

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • Author

wygand
    Participant

Any updates on this project? Just hoping to see some progress on the giant hole in the ground. I believe it was supposed to start moving in November.

ohbr
    Participant

The city has push the crosswalk light on flashing yellow with a sign that says “Under Study for Removal”. Does that count?

Pablo
    Participant

Ned23
    Participant

I saw some surveyor/engineer types out there this week.

Pablo
    Participant

The Deco explains the name change on a Facebook post:

“Our intention was always to keep the Olympic name for the development. Unfortunately, a member of the early community opposition contacted the USOC (US Olympic Committee) to complain about the name use. The USOC notified us that the change of the property use would nullify our grandfathered status for the name Olympic. We were incredibly disappointed with this information, however, we believe that the new name, The Deco, is an excellent choice.”

ohbr
    Participant

Unfortunately, a member of the early community opposition contacted the USOC (US Olympic Committee) to complain about the name use. The USOC notified us that the change of the property use would nullify our grandfathered status for the name Olympic.

Oh yeah? You’re going to build something I don’t like, I’m going to report you to the authorities!

Very clever move though on the opposition’s part. A dick move, but clever. Bet they thought the USOC would try to prevent the whole project rather than just the name.

Posole
    Participant

The Deco explains the name change on a Facebook post:
    “Our intention was always to keep the Olympic name for the development. Unfortunately, a member of the early community opposition contacted the USOC (US Olympic Committee) to complain about the name use. The USOC notified us that the change of the property use would nullify our grandfathered status for the name Olympic. We were incredibly disappointed with this information, however, we believe that the new name, The Deco, is an excellent choice.”

Sounds like some passive-aggressive sour grapes. Whoever that is is probably a PITA, IRL

Ned23
    Participant

If this rendering came true I’d be happy. There are really no class A apts in Clintonville and ground floor retail would be nice. People are really concerned about traffic but last time I checked Indianola through the area is U.S. Route 23.

It was absolutely stunning. Unfortunately it got scaled back to this for no logical reason I could see other than the neighbors were upset about losing the pool. Which is a shame because this was one of the nicest new project designs I had seen in the city lately. I wish some the developers along High St. would hire this architect firm. Work is underway now on a regular basis. The’re still grading and draining the old pool site:

The Deco

The Deco

Viewing 8 posts - 106 through 113 (of 113 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: