Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Five-Story Mixed-Use Apartment Building Proposed at High & North Broadway

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Five-Story Mixed-Use Apartment Building Proposed at High & North Broadway

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 239 total)
  • Author

Pablo
    Participant

The developer postponed the submission until September. Apparently there’s new parking technology that he wants to incorporate into the project allowing for some underground parking.

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/clintonville/news/2015/08/03/North-Broadway-development-off-CAC-agenda.html

News
    Participant

Northstar again hits pause button as building plan evolves
    By KEVIN PARKS
    Monday August 31, 2015 10:02 PM

Tonight’s meeting of the Clintonville Area Commission still will take place at North Community Lutheran Church, although the reason for the move to the larger venue has once again been rendered moot. Commission Chairman Kristopher Keller announced early last week that the five-story, mixed-use project proposed for North High Street and North Broadway by a realty firm again was removed from the Sept. 3 meeting’s agenda at the developer’s request.

READ MORE: http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/clintonville/news/2015/08/31/northstar-again-hits-pause-button-as-building-plan-evolves.html

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Delays are frustrating, but if that means they end up with underground parking it’ll be worth a longer wait.

Just an Observer
    Participant

Has anyone heard anything about this lately?

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

On the plus side, the new renderings show a break of monotony — working towards a faux-multiple-row building typology that’s popular lately (see: Summit & Fifth) that’s better than a long bar brick building that we certainly have enough of already. They’re moving in the right direction architecturally, delay or not. Let’s celebrate their dedication to underground parking!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

ohbr
    Participant

On the plus side, the new renderings show a break of monotony — working towards a faux-multiple-row building typology that’s popular lately (see: Summit & Fifth) that’s better than a long bar brick building that we certainly have enough of already. They’re moving in the right direction architecturally, delay or not. Let’s celebrate their dedication to underground parking!

That rendering is for a different project at 5th and Summit if I’m not mistaken. Not North Broadway and High.

DouginCMH
    Participant

I haven’t seen any new renderings of the N High and Broadway project. Just news that the developer continues to work on modifying the proposal after hearing feedback from the public earlier this year. It hasn’t been announced yet just when they’ll be presenting at the Clintonville Area Commission.

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Josh Bauman wrote:</div>

That rendering is for a different project at 5th and Summit if I’m not mistaken. Not North Broadway and High.

Correct. I was referencing that rendering as the architectural style that the last renderings we saw for this project are moving towards — less of a single building mass

ohbr
    Participant

My bad. Didn’t read that correctly.

Just an Observer
    Participant

Another month of CAC meetings passes with nothing new on this. Anyone have any idea what is happening?

ohbr
    Participant

It took a long time for the Olympic to come back to the commission so I’m not surprised.

DouginCMH
    Participant

Sticking this here, since this is arguably the most important pending development in Clintonville right now:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/01/20/clintonville-experiencing-development-changes.html

In general, a pretty poor article; lots of old news. In fact, the only thing of real substance (for me, anyway) was at the very end:

“At W. North Broadway and N. High Street, Northstar Realty continues to work on plans for a five-story building with apartments and stores that include the old Clinton Theater and Clintonville Electric sites.

“Plans for underground parking had to be scrapped because of the water table, Clintonville Area Commissioner Nancy Kuhel said. Northstar officials didn’t return calls.”

No underground parking. That sucks. This project’s seemingly been stuck at square one since that initial community meeting many, many months ago.

Pablo
    Participant

^ I heard the High & Broadway project has been shelved.

DouginCMH
    Participant

Shelved? Where did you hear that?

The developer has purchased eight (I think) parcels for redevelopment. They need to develop something on the site, no?

Pablo
    Participant

From someone familiar with the project. I hope it’s a temporary shelving. According to the auditor, the parcels have not been sold. Perhaps the developer had an option to buy but hasn’t yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 239 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: