Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Clintonville Apartment Projects

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Clintonville Apartment Projects

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Where the heck are you getting 800 apts? It’s 300 + 115 + 52 on Indianola, which is 467 apartments.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

According to the latest updates there’s some displeasure with the “Extended-Stay Loophole”. So far only one of the builders has, cautiously, said that they will consider a meeting with residents. The rest are waiting until the initial fury dies down and will comment “when we’re further along in the process”. Story below:

Pablo
    Participant

Looks like the projects may be dead (or delayed) due to sanitary sewer capacity issues that need to be sorted out. From the Clintonville Discussion Forum on Facebook:

The developments proposed on Indianola (Dixie and Cooke Road) are both dead.
    Sewers & Drains says the sewer system is at capacity and no further high density developments are allowed in Clintonville until they get it sorted out.

Big Drew
    Participant

Looks like the projects may be dead (or delayed) due to sanitary sewer capacity issues that need to be sorted out. From the Clintonville Discussion Forum on Facebook:

The developments proposed on Indianola (Dixie and Cooke Road) are both dead.<br>
    Sewers & Drains says the sewer system is at capacity and no further high density developments are allowed in Clintonville until they get it sorted out.

I’m really not upset with this. To me, it looked and felt more like suburban apartment blocks than something that would fit well in the city.

bob.os
    Participant

The developments proposed on Indianola (Dixie and Cooke Road) are both dead.<br>

Ahhh, the old ranch dressing and shit clause. Gets them every time.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Wow, best quotes from the article:

“But don’t pull out your carrot sticks yet.”

“A severe storm brings an instant basement salad.”

jbcmh81
    Participant

Despite the projects not necessarily being the best urban design, I find it amusing that Clintonville still found a way to kill them. With the sewer issue, they have affectively shut down all development on Indianola indefinitely- or at least until they get the issue resolved, which could take years.

ohbr
    Participant

I wonder what the difference in expected sewer output really is of an industrial food manufacturer and apartments. Are there real numbers to support this?

zp945
    Participant

Despite the projects not necessarily being the best urban design, I find it amusing that Clintonville still found a way to kill them. With the sewer issue, they have affectively shut down all development on Indianola indefinitely- or at least until they get the issue resolved, which could take years.

Are you saying that Clintonville residents somehow had a say in the Division Sewerage and Drainage killing these projects?

triggerfor81
    Participant

Lol, okay then. What other dense urban project? 2nd is Columbus that far behind on sewage and water development can’t happen? Cities in Texas are growing twice as fast and don’t have this issue. So I either say Columbus is a complete failure or I call lie’s

jbcmh81
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jbcmh81 wrote:</div>

Are you saying that Clintonville residents somehow had a say in the Division Sewerage and Drainage killing these projects?

The general pitchfork and torch crowd? No. I have no idea if it’s a real issue, but I have no reason to think it isn’t. That said, I still find it amusing. This has to be the first time I’ve ever heard of development being killed because of a sewer capacity issue, though. The fact that it happens to be in Clintonville, of all places, just makes it seem that much more appropriate.

triggerfor81
    Participant

I have never heard about a development being cancelled because of sewer or water. New York City hmmmm how many per sq Mile

DouginCMH
    Participant

Ok, then, you guys sound like experts on the issue. Obviously, the CAC mafia concocted this “water/sewer” issue to kill off these projects. Conspiracy theories are so much fun.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

I’m a little dubious of the “sewer thing” as well. I’ve been following development in Columbus for years and I’ve never heard of development being halted for sewer capacity, even when the existing sewers were overflowing into the rivers (and maybe development should have been halted in some cases but wasn’t).

Eugene_C
    Participant

Looks like the projects may be dead (or delayed) due to sanitary sewer capacity issues that need to be sorted out. From the Clintonville Discussion Forum on Facebook…

Who said that? Do you have a source besides Facebook? The city has been spending tons of money in Clintonville on the sewers since that article was printed 8 years ago. There have been contractors tracking down infiltration leaks and lining the sanitary sewers for the last couple of summers. The Marzetti incident in 2008 only impacted a few blocks and was caused by a blockage, IIRC.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 66 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: