Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Clever Crow Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Clever Crow Pizza

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Had two slices yesterday. Died and went to heaven, and just got back.

bzarcher
    Participant

The current special with Chorizo, salsa, queso fresco, and poblanos is NUTS. Worth waiting for.

The roasted squash is also a very nice slice, too.

^^i agree, the chorizo pizza is totally awesome
    All of their sausage is so amazing! :thumbup:

lisathewaitress wrote >>

adrock wrote >>

Yeah, two pieces of their butternut squash pizza and I’m full! With other pizzas I feel like I need at least 4 pieces! It’s just so good and quality!

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

anyone try his valentine’s pizza? it had rose oil in the crust, rose pesto, edible rose petals, smoked almonds, brie and i don’t even remember what else . . .

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

I haven’t been to CC since they opened at the North Market. How does it work at the NM?

Is it take and bake? or carryout of cooked pizzas?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Carryout of Cooked Pizzas. You can order by the slice or whole pies.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    Carryout of Cooked Pizzas. You can order by the slice or whole pies.

You can do take and bake as well as having cooked pizza there.

They also serve salads.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

My first attempt at a homemade Clever Crow Pizza. Cornbread crust, cooked in cast iron skillet, topped with potatoes, sauteed onions and peppers, tomatoes, corn and mozzarella. :D

tourist19
    Participant

Ohhhh, pretty…but more important was it tasty?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Not quite as good as the real deal at Clever Crow, but pretty solid for a first attempt. ;) I think the crust could have cooked a little longer, as it wasn’t quite crisp enough. The potatoes were a mini white standard variety, so they weren’t quite as good as the purple kind that Clever Crow uses (but they’re what we had on hand). The corn was an awesome topping. Frozen corn that we got from the family farm and Anne had previously boiled and shucked.

Wasn’t any more work than a standard flour-dough crust, so I’ll definitely give it another shot again soon. ;)

News
    Participant

Clever Crow Closing North Market Shop
    Published on November 20, 2012 2:10 pm
    By: Walker

After two years of operations at the North Market, Clever Crow owners Gary Robinette and Brooke Howell have decided to close their pizza business. At this point in time, the duo has not yet determined if they will continue to provide pizza at the Circus Bar in the Short North following the closure of their operations at the North Market.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/clever-crow-closing-north-market-shop

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Via Facebook:

It saddens us to say that we are closing our North Market location right before Christmas. We will however continue to serve at Circus! We are working on debuting some new things next year as well. We hope you will join us for dinner soon.

geoyui
    Participant

sad to see them go. one of my favorites, along side harvest and element pizza. Any explanation to the departure (didn’t see a reason mentioned in the article or thread).

surber17
    Participant

Yeah i dont get it. The pizza was great and they always seemed to have a decent amount of customers. My only piece of constructive criticism would be on their people skills. A few workers seemed like they didn’t like dealing with the customers. There were more than a couple times where I would stand there to get served and not even receive a “hello”

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 87 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: