Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Clever Crow Pizza

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Clever Crow Pizza

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
  • Author

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Went tonight and had the “non-traditional” pepperoni and the “Crow style” with sausage”.. I thought it was pretty good.. The pepperoni was my favourite of the two. The crust was bready without being chewy and had a nice crisp snap. The crust had a lot of flavour, and at times overpowered the ingredients.
    Like spookygoddess78, I thought the sausage was OK but not as phenomenal as I’ve heard. There’s plenty of worse sausage, but then again I’ve had better plenty of times. Overall I thought everything was good and I like that the proprietor obviously brought his “A” game, but I can think of two pizzas in town I prefer.

I could see myself headed over here often enough because it’s close to my house and it’s good. Slices are reasonable enough at $3-4/each, and two are plenty filling even if you’re hungry.

Cookie

Nice write up in 614 Magazine. I love this pizza so much.

patient_zero
    Participant

Last week I savored a Crow Style pizza with the sweet corn, the one Cookie brought to The Pizza Grand Prix V, and I’ve been craving ever since.

The crust is different than your average dough. It’s light and crispy, and the cornmeal dusting suits me well, may seem gritty to others – at least the first time around. But I’ve had a similar dusting on pizzas before and kind of like it now.

I really enjoy this pizza, Cookie.

Cookie

I’m glad you like it! I need to stop in and see what the latest vegetarian special is.

patient_zero
    Participant

Latest article on Clever Crow by Gary Seman from This Week Community Newspapers:

http://www.thisweeknews.com/live/content/food/stories/2010/05/19/tabletalk.html?sid=104

Bear
    Participant

We stopped in with Brady and Ryan from Middle West Spirits, who, despite having been across the street for a while, had never tried it. Brady wasn’t eating much because he had dinner waiting at home.

It was kind of comical to see Ryan take a bite, look up in disbelief, grope for words for a few seconds… and then take another bite. He finally managed to get out, “I’m so happy… and so pissed!… at the same time! I mean, I’m happy that I know about this place, but it’s been here the whole time….” (bite)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

bman
    Participant

Couple of questions …
    1) Are they open on Sunday
    2) Can you get the pizza carryout

Going to a cookout this afternon and thought I could grab a couple of these and kind of an appetizer before the bbq ribs.

jennyw
    Participant

Yep, you can do carryout, as well as take and bake (I learned that from the menu; I FINALLY made my first of what will be many meals there yesterday). Alas, according to Facebook, it’s not open today.

patient_zero
    Participant

Sorry Brent – they’re closed today. If you are looking for a unique pizza, z pizza in the Short North has a tasty vegetarian pizza with a pesto and meltable soy cheese that’s really good. It’s called the Berkeley. It was well received at the Pizza Grand Prix IV.

bman
    Participant

patient_zero wrote >>
    Sorry Brent – they’re closed today. If you are looking for a unique pizza, z pizza in the Short North has a tasty vegetarian pizza with a pesto and meltable soy cheese that’s really good. It’s called the Berkeley. It was well received at the Pizza Grand Prix IV.

Thanks!

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

so, with an effort to leave all the bourdain related drama in the other thread . . .

anyone tried/fallen in love with clever crow that hadn’t had it before the show?

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I saw one of the bartenders this weekend, who let me know that the Bourdain ep. had finally aired… I guess the place has just blown up since then. Hooray! :)

drew
    Participant

That’s great news – they deserve the love. Hope he can keep up with demand. :-)

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

he’s been able to keep up for the most part. a few nights this week he’s run out of crusts before his usual quitting time of 10, but generally less than an hour before. saturday was insane in there for a little while though . . .

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: