Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cleveland's Michael Symon to open up one of his B SPOT restaurants in Columbus.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Cleveland's Michael Symon to open up one of his B SPOT restaurants in Columbus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

kvoltolini

I follow Michael Symon on Facebook and a poster made a comment that she wished one of his B SPOT restaurants would open in Columbus and he posted, just an hour ago that he has signed a lease for a spot for one of these restaurants and more details would be emerging soon!

When my husband and I have been to Cleveland, besides Melt, The B Spot was the other place we would always check out and the food is simply heavenly so needless to say I am super excited and another win for the Columbus food scene via Cleveland!

Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice! Can’t wait to hear more about it. He’s been teasing the idea for over 2 years now…

Michael Symon Contemplates a B Spot Burgers Location in Columbus

More:

B Spot Burgers Expansion into Columbus

MFRONE
    Participant

As I stated before, I must be one of the few in Cleveland who thinks the B Spot is highly overrated.

The burgers are way too expensive and they aren’t that big. I can think of 10 places in Columbus that have better burgers then this place.

mbeaumont
    Participant

I love Michael Symon but his B Spot’s are pretty much all in the suburbs of Cleveland. Hoping his Cbus version is in the central city somewhere! We need some Symon (and Sawyer) down here in Columbus. :)

heresthecasey
    Participant

Columbus Commons would be a good location for this.

thirstychef
    Participant

MFRONE said:
    As I stated before, I must be one of the few in Cleveland who thinks the B Spot is highly overrated.

The burgers are way too expensive and they aren’t that big. I can think of 10 places in Columbus that have better burgers then this place.

Successful Chefs/Restaurant Owners don’t have to nail it with every concept. They just have to provide the right atmsophere and location. See Cameron Mitchell as an example.

pez
    Participant

thirstychef said:
    Successful Chefs/Restaurant Owners don’t have to nail it with every concept. They just have to provide the right atmsophere and location. See Cameron Mitchell as an example.

In my opinion from several visits to B-Spots and one to Lola, the service is spotty at best and more often than not, very poor. It often seems like the servers are projecting Michael Symon and you should feel privileged to be there rather than being welcomed as a guest.
    While it might be great to have a ‘celebrity chef’ restaurant in town, this is burgers and beer. I’d prefer a local newbie, Liz or Cameron over Symon’s ‘my way or the highway’ food.

zp945
    Participant

I’m hearing North East side of town, sorry for those hoping for central but I’m excited to give it a try.

tolemac5050
    Participant

We liked the chili at B Spot

larsical

zp945 said:
    I’m hearing North East side of town, sorry for those hoping for central but I’m excited to give it a try.

I went to his book signing at Kroger in Dublin. He said they had picked out a spot in New Albany.

Walker Evans
    Keymaster

So, then he’s *not* coming to Columbus after all… ;)

RBloodworth
    Participant

Honestly, I would rather have Symon open a restaurant here similar to Roast in Detroit than another gourmet burger joint. How, exactly is this place any different from Flip Side at Easton? Talk about market saturation.

bman
    Participant

Walker said:
    So, then he’s *not* coming to Columbus after all… ;)

One of those god awful suburbs with the bloodsucking suburbanites that steal all of that urban money and spend it on infrastructure to support their McMansion lifestyle that is destroying our society.

There … I think I understand this board.

zp945
    Participant

Its in Columbus, near New Albany.

Ohio_JeRK

Ugh. I’ll just wait until the next time I’m up in Cleveland.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.