Our City Online

Messageboard - Civic Meetings

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

City of Columbus Recyling Update - 7/28 5:30pm

Home Forums Events Civic Meetings City of Columbus Recyling Update – 7/28 5:30pm

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

RECYCLING UPDATE

WHO:

Councilmember Hearcel F. Craig

Mark Kelsey, Director, Public Service

Erin Miller, Columbus Environmental Steward

WHEN:

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

5:30 PM

WHERE:

City Council Chambers

City Hall

90 West Broad Street

WHAT:

Columbus City Councilmember Hearcel F. Craig, Chair of the Public Service & Transportation Committee, will host a community briefing on Columbus’ effort to implement a comprehensive curbside home recycling program. This is the latest in a series of community briefings on the recycling issue and is an informational meeting only. Future meetings will be used to collect additional community input. A residential curbside recycling program could be operational by 2012.

Free parking is available in the Gay Street parking lot on the north side of City Hall after 5:00 pm. The meeting will be broadcast live on CTV, Columbus’ government television channel 3 on local cable systems.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bump. Tonight.

Lakee911
    Participant

Will you post a re-cap on the event tomorrow, Walker? This issue is important to me, but I will not be able to make it.

Twixlen
    Participant

I’m pretty excited about this — from the few details I’ve seen about, it looks like a good blend of function of program vs cost to implement.

All I know is if I get a recycling container at the alley nearly the size of the city garbage can I have (that is never, ever, ever, in 4 years, full), I will HUG it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Lakee911 wrote >>
    Will you post a re-cap on the event tomorrow, Walker? This issue is important to me, but I will not be able to make it.

I’ll do ya one better and post a pre-cap of the event at 2pm today:

Columbus Curbside Recycling Program Unveiled

;)

Lakee911
    Participant

Sweet. This is a great thing!
    Unfortunately, the perfectionist in me is thinking that the 90gal and 65gal sitting next to eachother behind the house won’t be of the same size and will look asymmetrical. I know I am a dork.

What is to prevent people from just not doing it? Will the new cans be deployed to everyone or on request? The first is good but why have tax dollars pay for a can that may not be used? The latter is good too but maybe people won’t get one and thus not use it.

How is this funded? Will taxes go up?

How will high density areas (current 300+gal sized trash containers) be served?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Civic Meetings’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE