Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

City Council Approves New Building

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics City Council Approves New Building

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Coming soon to a downtown near us…new city government offices.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/07/13/Council_voting_on_new_city_building.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

They’ll probably name the building after Coleman. How about “The Swagger Building” and a “success fee” will be charged at the front door for those wishing to enter. All proceeds going to the Coleman for Living God campaign, which will continue throughout his life supporting the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

They’ll probably name the building after Coleman. How about “The Swagger Building” and a “success fee” will be charged at the front door for those wishing to enter. All proceeds going to the Coleman for Living God campaign, which will continue throughout his life supporting the lifestyle to which he has become accustomed.

An editorial in today’s Dispatch entitled “Clean up the parking mess” references this building and clearly demonstrates the hypocrisy of the Coleman/Ginther machine in City Hall. Worth reading. Looks like the new Dispatch owners are not going to give the machine the free ride to which it’s become accustomed.

WJT
    Participant

An editorial in today’s Dispatch entitled “Clean up the parking mess” references this building and clearly demonstrates the hypocrisy of the Coleman/Ginther machine in City Hall. Worth reading. Looks like the new Dispatch owners are not going to give the machine the free ride to which it’s become accustomed.

It says nothing about(laughing)’The Coleman/Ginther machine’-it is just pointing out that the city can and does need to address the parking issue. And you are not worthy of wiping Coleman’s behind, troll.

Dear WJT: If you can’t win the argument, call them names. Sad. Also sad is your apparent lack of understanding of the realities of city hall and local government. If the mayor for 15+ years and Council president don’t represent city hall, who does?

Friendoffacts
    Friendoffacts
    Participant

Lol….what’s hipper? Herp derp memes, a begrudging Chinese landlord, “mixed use”, or hot chicken? The choice is yours…..I’m voting Lemon party this year!
    #okie #rentstoodamnhigh

Nancy H
    Participant

Lol….what’s hipper? Herp derp memes, a begrudging Chinese landlord, “mixed use”, or hot chicken? The choice is yours…..I’m voting Lemon party this year!<br>
    #okie #rentstoodamnhigh

My but I feel old… I had to google half the terms in your post to figure out what you were saying… that said, I agree with you.

NancyH: Many of us prefer to use English so that the widest spectrum of readers can understand our posts.

WJT
    Participant

Dear WJT: If you can’t win the argument, call them names. Sad. Also sad is your apparent lack of understanding of the realities of city hall and local government. If the mayor for 15+ years and Council president don’t represent city hall, who does?

LOL! ‘Government’ at all levels is a crooked, sh*tty business. Look at the Statehouse, full of politicians, attorneys, soulless lobbyists-the place should be bathed in perpetual darkness before sinking in entirety into the lowest depths of hell.

I choose the crooks who, whilst still being crooks, manage to do the most good, as I determine it.

And you still could not wipe Coleman’s *ss.

[/dark realist rant]

WJT: You’re cynicism is frightful. You admit that Coleman is a crook and add that he is just like the others. If that makes you LOL, I feel for you. Most rational persons would cry. There are many other crooks in politics, but many politicians have integrity. Fortunately, I have no desire to wipe anyone’s rear than my own, so your allegation that I couldn’t wipe his is as welcomed news as I’ve heard lately.

Your post is much more damning to Coleman than anything I or anyone else could have written. You see, the FBI and federal judges don’t look fondly on the “everyone else was doing it” defense and no competent defense attorney would even consider pursuing it.

So if you really want to help the mayor, cease and desist, as the say.

WJT
    Participant

WJT: You’re cynicism is frightful. You admit that Coleman is a crook and add that he is just like the others. If that makes you LOL, I feel for you. Most rational persons would cry. There are many other crooks in politics, but many politicians have integrity. Fortunately, I have no desire to wipe anyone’s rear than my own, so your allegation that I couldn’t wipe his is as welcomed news as I’ve heard lately.

Your post is much more damning to Coleman than anything I or anyone else could have written. You see, the FBI and federal judges don’t look fondly on the “everyone else was doing it” defense and no competent defense attorney would even consider pursuing it.

So if you really want to help the mayor, cease and desist, as the say.

Actually I am just in a ‘mood’ and I actually really don’t know about Coleman-I have always liked him though. I guess the facts will emerge eventually and we will get a better idea of what is going on *shrugs*
    If he is involved in some serious wrongdoing it will be very disappointing for me I will admit. :(

On topic, I really don’t mind the new building at all. I just wish the parking garage part was a little taller(maybe an extra floor or two) and could accommodate some ground floor retail.

We all get in moods from time to time. :-)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER