Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

City Center: The Demise of Excess

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion City Center: The Demise of Excess

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Tigertree

While I think your title doesn’t make any sense and should be something like ,”City Center: As peoples shopping habits changed our location stopped being viable; yeah, there is a little slump right now in the economy but to suggest shopping habits on the whole are any different would be ridiculous,” those pictures are pretty striking. Especially the ones with the boy. Are they selling those statues?

catnfiddle
    Participant

These are amazing. I’ve only been inside the building once, so I appreciate getting such a stark look at it. Thanks.

Tigertree wrote >>
    While I think your title doesn’t make any sense and should be something like ,”City Center: As peoples shopping habits changed our location stopped being viable; yeah, there is a little slump right now in the economy but to suggest shopping habits on the whole are any different would be ridiculous,” those pictures are pretty striking. Especially the ones with the boy. Are they selling those statues?

I asked the man if they were selling them, he said “take a guess how much they are going for?” I guessed 15k. He said they were appraised at 185k and there was a bid on the table for 100k.

Tigertree

Hmmm. That’s a little above my nostalgic bronze statue budget at the moment.

WildmanDan

I remember working there years ago part-time for a friend at her store, The Tie Rack. Shortly over a Christmas season later on for another friend at the short lived Warner Brothers store.

Columbusite

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing!

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Nice pics. To add to the pile of ridiculous ideas, I got the urge to fill up the whole place with water and fill it with tropical fish.

You know, and bellydancers :)

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

We can teach the fish to put on concerts and art shows…

On a serious note, great pictures.

Matthew
    Participant

I’m going to photograph the mall tomorrow.

dru
    Participant

Kbear919 wrote >>

Tigertree wrote >>

I asked the man if they were selling them, he said “take a guess how much they are going for?” I guessed 15k. He said they were appraised at 185k and there was a bid on the table for 100k.

sweet my bid is still tops and Tigertree is out of the running. those statues will be mine!

gramarye
    Participant

I really like the album! I’m not as sure about the title: consumerism only killed City Center by going elsewhere.

Angel

I loved going there in college. it was like an experience, take the COTA bus downtown with a bunch of people. I had my first date there with my first boyfriend in college! spinnakers.

plus they had a store with really great chocolate covered coffee beans.

oh the memories.

misskitty
    Participant

I remember going there when I was a little girl after the secret Santa parade and getting hot cocoa. those were the days.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE