Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Cities With The Worst Drivers 2012

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Cities With The Worst Drivers 2012

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Cities With The Worst Drivers 2012

8/28/2012

For those of us who live in and/or drive through major metropolitan areas, having to keep a watchful eye out for the antics of inattentive or even reckless drivers is a necessary part of our daily routine. You may think you’ve got it bad, but according to the eighth annual “America’s Best Drivers Report” issued by Allstate Insurance in Northbrook, IL, those living in Washington D.C. can again lay claim to having to put up with the absolute worst motorists in the nation.

READ MORE: http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorzelany/2012/08/28/cities-with-the-worst-drivers-2012/

Graybeak
    Participant

Dayton OH 18
    Akron OH 58
    ClevelandOH 63
    Toledo OH 85
    CincinnatiOH 117
    ColumbusOH 135

Yay Columbus!

ColDayMan
    Participant

We’re not bad drivers in Dayton. It’s just people from out of town getting in our way!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Graybeak said:
    Dayton OH 18
    Akron OH 58
    ClevelandOH 63
    Toledo OH 85
    CincinnatiOH 117
    ColumbusOH 135

Yay Columbus!

Is a lower score better or worse? ;)

dogfart
    Participant

hey columbus drivers

get off your fucking phones

pay attention to when the light turns green

stay out of the left lane if you dont know how to use it (seems most dont)

Lu
    Participant

Walker said:
    Is a lower score better or worse? ;)

A low score is good. Sioux Falls, SD is safest and is ranked #1. Washington, DC is worst and is ranked #195. I’m surprised Columbus drivers are worse than Cleveland.

DavidF
    Participant

Lu said:
    A low score is good. Sioux Falls, SD is safest and is ranked #1. Washington, DC is worst and is ranked #195. I’m surprised Columbus drivers are worse than Cleveland.

I’m not. I’ve driven all over the country and I rank Columbus right at the top of the worst drivers I’ve seen. I see major jackassery almost every day.

MFRONE
    Participant

I live in Cleveland right now and they are way worse then Columbus and it’s all because of the 60 mph speed limit in Cuyahoga county.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

Maybe all these cities need are public street cars to solve their problems. Union leaders and mayor’s, PLEASE SAVE US! From ourselves!

DavidF
    Participant

ToddAnders said:
    Maybe all these cities need are public street cars to solve their problems. Union leaders and mayor’s, PLEASE SAVE US! From ourselves!

Couldn’t even get to 10 posts before we get this crap. “sigh”

rus
    rus
    Participant

DavidF said:
    Couldn’t even get to 10 posts before we get this crap. “sigh”

Apply liberally.

DavidF
    Participant

rus said:
    Apply liberally.

Bah, you win. I’m tired of the stupidity and I think I may be about done posting here.

peter
    Participant

We have a thread for this already. Stop.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

ToddAnders said:

Let’s see…the three major cities in Ohio:

Cleveland = least driver issues: BRT, trolley, bus, light rail, heavy rail.

Cincinnati = Better than us: bus, heavy rail (soon light rail/streetcar)

Columbus = worst: bus.

INTERWEBS TIP: If you want to take a jab at transit options, make sure you’re not actually making a case for it in the process.

oh, in case you were wondering:

Dayton: Buses and trolleys
    Akron: Buses and heavy rail
    Toledo: Buses and heavy rail

So Columbus has the least transit options of that entire list.

ToddAnders
    Blocked

I’ve said before, I DO support public transportation. But I do not support it with the current leadership nor their current ideas. The ideas are small minded and the leadership (Mayor Coleman, Curtis Stitt as COTA) are very weak. I’m sure some people are glad to have anything, but I wish something great for Columbus, not just another mediocre attempt at public transportation.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: