Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Circumcision Protest at Broad & High Today

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Circumcision Protest at Broad & High Today

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Strange protest going on today Downtown. Big signs, goofy costumes, awkward group name.

Is this really a big issue for people?

https://www.facebook.com/BloodstainedMenTheirFriends

http://www.bloodstainedmen.com

jackoh
    Participant

It’s too late for some of us!

bayrea
    Participant

They all should have worn turtlenecks pulled up to there eyes instead…

kit444
    Participant

Are we sure this isn’t some weird form of performance art?

FireEngine
    Participant

On other forums I frequent, some people can become completely unhinged about this. There was a movement in San Fransisco to make this a city-wide ban, with a comic book, too!
    This is also big in Europe, with some very anti-Semetic undertones.

1) The website looks sorta serious.

2) I saw this today. The sign I saw said “Stop Cutting Baby Penis”. If I were a better CU contributor, I would have gotten out of the car and interviewed one of them. Sadly, I am not that contributor.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I’d be a bigger believer in the sincerity of this if Colonel Sanders wasn’t part of it.

jackoh
    Participant

There needs to be a counter protest by the mohalim.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

isn’t this decision completely up to the parents? I don’t have any kids but I guess I always thought it was?

not sure what the protest would be for, besides just something to protest about.

Chrysee
    Chrysee
    Participant

The Penn & Teller Bullshit episode about circumcision is on YouTube, but I can’t link it now. I’d say the decision should be completely up to the individual, but that’s kinda hard to do as a infant. In this country at least, it seems like everyone does it because everyone else does it. Here’s a map by country http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_circumcision#mediaviewer/File:Global_Map_of_Male_Circumcision_Prevalence_at_Country_Level.png I’m on the fence about it myself.

robertfoshizzle
    Participant

I don’t really think it’s a laughing matter. The medical benefits are negligible at best. It’s cruel and can lead to complications as severe as loss of the penis and death. If I have a son, he will not be circumcised.

koffeewitch
    koffeewitch
    Participant

Those guys are called the Bloodstained Men. I protested with them yesterday at Tuttle mall…. Great turnout! If anyone else in Columbus wants to join me in occasional education and demonstrations, I’d love to hear from you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.