Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Christian music at Culvers

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Christian music at Culvers

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #97484

    sirlancelot
    Participant

    On a recent Sunday, some friends and I ate lunch at the Reynoldsburg Culvers restaurant. First, we noticed a sign posted that said customers with church bulletins could save 10%. Once inside, we were treated to overt Christian nusic. One supposes that many of their customers might be conservative Christians, but it would be good business practice to avoid making other customers uncomfortable. Even Chick-fil-le has more sense. Comments anyone? I like the food and the coupons and would hate to drop Culvers.

    #543885

    Sub91Minutes
    Member

    Well people drop food places for a variety of reasons.. If you don’t like the atmosphere I would advise not going back that way you can enjoy your lunch elsehwere. What are you proposing should be done about Culvers decision to market to Church-goers on Sundays?

    #543886

    Twixlen
    Participant

    sirlancelot said:
    On a recent Sunday, some friends and I ate lunch at the Reynoldsburg Culvers restaurant. First, we noticed a sign posted that said customers with church bulletins could save 10%. Once inside, we were treated to overt Christian nusic. One supposes that many of their customers might be conservative Christians, but it would be good business practice to avoid making other customers uncomfortable. Even Chick-fil-le has more sense. Comments anyone? I like the food and the coupons and would hate to drop Culvers.

    The last time I was in a Chick-fil-A (it’s been a good while – maybe this has changed?), they were playing Christian music. Granted, it was more contemporary-styled music, but definitely Christian.

    #543887

    Mister Shifter
    Participant

    Sub91Minutes said:
    Well people drop food places for a variety of reasons.. If you don’t like the atmosphere I would advise not going back that way you can enjoy your lunch elsehwere. What are you proposing should be done about Culvers decision to market to Church-goers on Sundays?

    My thoughts are pretty much this as well.

    #543888
    spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

    Drive-thru. Problem solved.

    #543889

    heresthecasey
    Participant

    Was the music really that loud and obtrusive? Most of the time I rarely listen to or even notice the background music in restaurants.

    Also, what in particular was making you uncomfortable? That other people have different musical tastes or religious beliefs than your own? Hardly a reason to stop patronizing a restaurant at which you’ve admitted that you enjoy the food.

    #543890
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

    I can’t possibly fathom why someone would be uncomfortable over a restaurant playing Christian Music. Unless you were required to sing along, I’m really not seeing the problem.

    #543891

    Graybeak
    Participant

    Especially if only happens on Sundays.

    #543892
    rus
    rus
    Participant

    Coremodels said:
    I can’t possibly fathom why someone would be uncomfortable over a restaurant playing Christian Music. Unless you were required to sing along, I’m really not seeing the problem.

    Someone is offended that something they don’t like exists?

    #543893
    Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

    I think we should have separation of church and butter burger.

    And can anyone think of a more Christian cut of fry than crinkle? Ew.

    #543894

    Mister Shifter
    Participant

    I’ll listen to Allah U Akbar chants if I can eat those cheese curds.

    #543895

    Graybeak
    Participant

    I see nothing on the Culver’s website that compares to the Chik-fil-a mindset, plus the fact that they are open on Sunday leans away from that.
    It may have been a franchisee decision to play the music and offer the discounts.
    You may not find it such at another location.

    #543896

    Mister Shifter
    Participant

    I think I’d be more scared of a world where people aren’t allowed to do this.

    #543897

    Sub91Minutes
    Member

    Mister Shifter said:
    I think I’d be more scared of a world where people aren’t allowed to do this.

    Most definitely. Spot on.

    #543898

    DavidF
    Participant

    Mister Shifter said:
    I think I’d be more scared of a world where people aren’t allowed to do this.

    +1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: