Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Christian music at Culvers

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Christian music at Culvers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

sirlancelot
    Participant

On a recent Sunday, some friends and I ate lunch at the Reynoldsburg Culvers restaurant. First, we noticed a sign posted that said customers with church bulletins could save 10%. Once inside, we were treated to overt Christian nusic. One supposes that many of their customers might be conservative Christians, but it would be good business practice to avoid making other customers uncomfortable. Even Chick-fil-le has more sense. Comments anyone? I like the food and the coupons and would hate to drop Culvers.

Sub91Minutes

Well people drop food places for a variety of reasons.. If you don’t like the atmosphere I would advise not going back that way you can enjoy your lunch elsehwere. What are you proposing should be done about Culvers decision to market to Church-goers on Sundays?

Twixlen
    Participant

sirlancelot said:
    On a recent Sunday, some friends and I ate lunch at the Reynoldsburg Culvers restaurant. First, we noticed a sign posted that said customers with church bulletins could save 10%. Once inside, we were treated to overt Christian nusic. One supposes that many of their customers might be conservative Christians, but it would be good business practice to avoid making other customers uncomfortable. Even Chick-fil-le has more sense. Comments anyone? I like the food and the coupons and would hate to drop Culvers.

The last time I was in a Chick-fil-A (it’s been a good while – maybe this has changed?), they were playing Christian music. Granted, it was more contemporary-styled music, but definitely Christian.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Sub91Minutes said:
    Well people drop food places for a variety of reasons.. If you don’t like the atmosphere I would advise not going back that way you can enjoy your lunch elsehwere. What are you proposing should be done about Culvers decision to market to Church-goers on Sundays?

My thoughts are pretty much this as well.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Drive-thru. Problem solved.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Was the music really that loud and obtrusive? Most of the time I rarely listen to or even notice the background music in restaurants.

Also, what in particular was making you uncomfortable? That other people have different musical tastes or religious beliefs than your own? Hardly a reason to stop patronizing a restaurant at which you’ve admitted that you enjoy the food.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I can’t possibly fathom why someone would be uncomfortable over a restaurant playing Christian Music. Unless you were required to sing along, I’m really not seeing the problem.

Graybeak
    Participant

Especially if only happens on Sundays.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    I can’t possibly fathom why someone would be uncomfortable over a restaurant playing Christian Music. Unless you were required to sing along, I’m really not seeing the problem.

Someone is offended that something they don’t like exists?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I think we should have separation of church and butter burger.

And can anyone think of a more Christian cut of fry than crinkle? Ew.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I’ll listen to Allah U Akbar chants if I can eat those cheese curds.

Graybeak
    Participant

I see nothing on the Culver’s website that compares to the Chik-fil-a mindset, plus the fact that they are open on Sunday leans away from that.
    It may have been a franchisee decision to play the music and offer the discounts.
    You may not find it such at another location.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I think I’d be more scared of a world where people aren’t allowed to do this.

Sub91Minutes

Mister Shifter said:

Most definitely. Spot on.

DavidF
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: