Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chipotle Coming in 2014 to The Fireproof in the Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chipotle Coming in 2014 to The Fireproof in the Short North

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author

A161830
    Participant

golden, the ‘dealys’ were mainly due to asbestos remediation which takes time (VAP through the Ohio EPA can take 90-180 days) and the fact that the developer has another project south of here (The Hub) that is wrapping up construction. Now that the Hub is finishing, Elford can focus their crews and management on Fireproof.

goldenidea
    Participant

You think Chipotle is actually cutting rent checks this far out?

No, not at all likely, but knowing you have a national tenant with a proven concept waiting in the wings for your project’s completion sure would help to get past what they seem to have been struggling with since around February. Who knows, they may have needed more financing. I assume banks are most ready to extend credit to a project with a with national tenant.

From the standpoint of what the Short North typically represents, I don’t think it’s great to see Chipotle’s arrival though I’m not complaining. However, if Chipotle’s commitment to locating in this development has helped push it to completion, that’s very good, because it’s nice to see it get done.

golden, the ‘dealys’ were mainly due to asbestos remediation which takes time (VAP through the Ohio EPA can take 90-180 days) and the fact that the developer has another project south of here (The Hub) that is wrapping up construction. Now that the Hub is finishing, Elford can focus their crews and management on Fireproof.

Yes, I’m well aware that this is asbestos abatement as I’ve watched it progress since the start and also spoke with on-site workers about it back in June. I also know Elford is busy at the Hub, but at least as originally announced, I don’t believe Fireproof’s schedule had this lengthy timeline for abatement.

You’re saying Elford can’t run two projects at the same time? I couldn’t say for sure but I doubt that. There’s been several months of downtime on the abatement. It stopped in the midst of the same repetitive work they’ve been doing since spring. Now many weeks later, they’re back on it again. That’s good to see. Of course, they’ve done some demolition now too, but not on the main building.

News
    Participant

Chipotle Coming Soon to the Short North
    Published on November 12, 2013 1:40 pm
    By: Ayana Wilson

This may come as no surprise to Columbus Underground forum super sleuths who have discovered hints that already date back a year, but it’s been officially confirmed: in 2014, Chipotle will add another restaurant to its local roster, this time in the Short North.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/chipotle-coming-soon-to-the-short-north-aw1

GViewProgrammer
    Participant

Finally! I have a family and live on second so this is going to be perfect. I hated how the arena one closed at 4 or whatever ungodly time. Even when there were multiple events in the Arena district. I always thought that was a waste.

Mike88
    Participant

I know this has been stated a bunch but, I’m fine with Chipotle so long as national brands don’t become the norm in the SN. A few here and there for balance are good but I prefer more Ohio or Cbus based companies.

That said it is my life’s goal to get Big Mama’s Burritos to open a location here in the SN.
    Anyone who has been down to OU in the last decade or so, I fully expect your support in this. ; )

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I know this has been stated a bunch but, I’m fine with Chipotle so long as national brands don’t become the norm in the SN. A few here and there for balance are good but I prefer more Ohio or Cbus based companies.

Someday, the chain-to-local ratio in the Short North will cross the 50% threshold in favor of national chains, but I imagine that’s at least 25-30 years away and the many up-and-coming areas around Columbus will continue to grow as local-centric commercial districts. So enjoying what we have for now and not fretting about that nightmare scenario in the future is what I plan to do. ;)

Chipotle is delicious.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Any idea on when this will be opening?

goldenidea
    Participant

Any idea on when this will be opening?

Just observing general progress on the whole Fireproof project, my guess is around year end. But I haven’t heard any announcements lately on when any of the commercial units/tenants will open.

Pablo
    Participant

There’s a sign announcing Chipotle in the window on the 2nd Ave. side – I didn’t notice if there was an opening date listed.

dru
    Participant

There’s a sign announcing Chipotle in the window on the 2nd Ave. side – I didn’t notice if there was an opening date listed.

It was just a remodeling pun – I think the term being used was “Burritofication in Progress.” I presume this means they are building out the interior. No date was listed, and the sign is also was no longer visible when I went by last night.

El Diablo Einstein
    Participant

Chipotle is delicious.

I have ate there once and never ever again. Terrible food served by over worked people (they were very nice). I had to give it a 1 star rating since I couldn’t give it 0. I don’t eat out much at all which is why I probably hate their food (if you can call it food). Just because they put crap into burrito form and call it Mexican food doesn’t mean it is. Terrible food and it wont cross my lips again. It could be worse though and they could be putting in a Spaghetti Warehouse or an Olive Garden there and calling it Italian food (which its not) right beside it.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I have ate there once and never ever again.

I’d give it more than one shot.

I don’t think anyone goes there for authentic Mexican cuisine. But that doesn’t mean it’s not delicious. ;)

Pablo
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pablo wrote:</div>

It was just a remodeling pun – I think the term being used was “Burritofication in Progress.” I presume this means they are building out the interior. No date was listed, and the sign is also was no longer visible when I went by last night.

Thanks!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walker Evans wrote:</div>
    Chipotle is delicious.

I have ate there once and never ever again. Terrible food served by over worked people (they were very nice). I had to give it a 1 star rating since I couldn’t give it 0. I don’t eat out much at all which is why I probably hate their food (if you can call it food). Just because they put crap into burrito form and call it Mexican food doesn’t mean it is. Terrible food and it wont cross my lips again. It could be worse though and they could be putting in a Spaghetti Warehouse or an Olive Garden there and calling it Italian food (which its not) right beside it.

so you don’t like beans, rice, salsa and cooked meat together.

gotcha.

myliftkk
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Walker Evans wrote:</div>
    Chipotle is delicious.

If you wanted authentic, you came to the wrong place.

Apparently marketing gives you indigestion?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS