Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chipotle Coming in 2014 to The Fireproof in the Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chipotle Coming in 2014 to The Fireproof in the Short North

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)
  • Author

MTP
    Participant

Fireproof building.

InnerCore
    Participant

MTP said:
    Fireproof building.

SE corner, so it does look like where The Lamp Shade is.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Just what I need, more sodium in my diet. LOL.

jOHnH
    Participant

Got excited for a minute thinking this would replace that terrible checksmart, but realized its on Starr. Isn’t the fireproof development going to be mixed use with retail on the ground floor?

Ajumama
    Participant

InnerCore said:
    SE corner, so it does look like where The Lamp Shade is.

So they are spending the money to put a hood system in…..

shortnorth6

Could this just be an error stating the SE corner? It doesn’t seem to make sense for Chipotle to take over The Lamp Shade with a new development right next door. I would think the logistics of this wouldn’t make sense for Chipotle.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ajumama said:
    So they are spending the money to put a hood system in…..

Wouldn’t a new build also require a new hood system?

Either way… Chipotle got money. ;)

InnerCore
    Participant

shortnorth6 said:
    Could this just be an error stating the SE corner? It doesn’t seem to make sense for Chipotle to take over The Lamp Shade with a new development right next door. I would think the logistics of this wouldn’t make sense for Chipotle.

It’s not that simply, tenant improvement (TI) allowances are negotiated with the lease. For all we know the owner of the existing building may be giving more in TI making the build out the same or cheaper.

shortnorth6

I believe Wood Companies owns this building

Ajumama
    Participant

Walker said:
    Wouldn’t a new build also require a new hood system?

Either way… Chipotle got money. ;)

True- but I had heard that putting a hood in on that particular block required permission from the residents above. :)

mbeaumont
    Participant

I think it’s gotta just be a typo. Chipotle has been rumored at Fireproof. Seems awfully coincidental that they’d move into an existing storefront next door.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Considering how Chipotle is actually listed on the leasing plan for the Fireproof development, I’m going to guess it was a typo.

http://www.1024northhigh.com/images/IMAGES_2/Leasing_Plan_8.13.pdf

goldenidea
    Participant

It’s almost certain to be a typo. It wouldn’t make sense for Chipotle to move into Wood’s existing building when a new building is going up on the Fireproof parcel.

goldenidea
    Participant

BTW, you have to wonder if without Chipotle coming in as an anchor, this development might have really stalled. They seemed to have difficulty and delays working thru the exterior “stucco” removal. Having a lease with Chipotle may have helped keep it going.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

goldenidea said:
    BTW, you have to wonder if without Chipotle coming in as an anchor, this development might have really stalled. They seemed to have difficulty and delays working thru the exterior “stucco” removal. Having a lease with Chipotle may have helped keep it going.

You think Chipotle is actually cutting rent checks this far out?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 75 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Urban Living Tour returns (with strict safety guidelines) on Aug 30!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS