Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chipotle Coming in 2014 to The Fireproof in the Short North

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chipotle Coming in 2014 to The Fireproof in the Short North

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Cbusbill said:
    I guess I look at Chipotle differently (tomAto, toMAHto). Sure its a chain, but it is dedicated to organic sourcing, and brags about how much comes locally from Ohio farmers. I don’t think having this in the neighborhood turns the SH into a strip mall. If this were an Arby’s going in, I’m right there with you…but chains run the right way should never be shunned simply because they’re a chain. Hilton’s a chain, yet I believe it will be a benefit to the SH that it arrived. Jenni’s is a chain, and hopefully the neighborhoods in Cleveland, Nashville, etc. where it sets up shop will benefit from its arrival. They just announced a Flip Burger going in next to Barley’s. Its a chain from Cleveland…should we shun that?

(shameless plug) Don’t forget Chipotle’s financial support of local non-profits.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Graybeak
    Participant

Flip Side Burger (Mentioned above as Flip Burger) has one location in Hudson (Cleveland), one at Easton, and the rumored about to be near Barley’s location. So, three.

Chipotle (on the NYSE since 2006) has (according to their website) Some 16 years (since opening first store) and around 1000 restaurants later.

I don’t see much of a comparison at this point.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Graybeak said:
    Flip Side Burger (Mentioned above as Flip Burger) has one location in Hudson (Cleveland), one at Easton, and the rumored about to be near Barley’s location. So, three.

No longer a rumor! ;) Confirmed!

Former Yankee Trader Will See New Life as Mixed-Use Apartment Building

Patch
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:

well, it was part of the McDonald’s family…

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Just saw that Chipotle applied for a liquor license at the southeast corner of High & 2nd. This is the opposite where the Fireproof redevelopment is FWIW.

Dust

Should Jenni’s stop expanding? How many locations will make them jump the shark?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Dust said:
    Should Jenni’s stop expanding? How many locations will make them jump the shark?

1. Name is wrong.

2. Thread is wrong.

Dust

Virtual spank :(

SusanB
    Participant

(shameless plug) Don’t forget Chipotle’s financial support of local non-profits.

Yes, they are sponsoring the Columbus international Film + Video Festival this year with a screening of In Organic We Trust.

http://www.chrisawards.org/events/in-organic-we-trust/%5B/url%5D

*shameless plug*

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Dust said:
    Virtual spank :(

Ha! Sorry. I hadn’t had any coffee yet. ;)

To answer your question, I think as long as Jeni’s can keep their quality high and their brand on-point, they can expand to many more locations without jumping the shark. There are some big retail/restaurant brands that are pretty well loved like Target or Chipotle, regardless of their non-localness and non-boutiqueness. I could see Jeni’s getting to that level someday.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Analogue Kid said:
    Just saw that Chipotle applied for a liquor license at the southeast corner of High & 2nd. This is the opposite where the Fireproof redevelopment is FWIW.

That would be where The Lamp Shade currently is. Did they give a specific address?

Dust

I had thought Chipotle was part of Mcdonalds marketing to both ends of social spectrum. Much like Aldi’s and Trader Joe’s. No research to prove this just rumor. Not that I mind just how things are these days.

@Walker
    It’s all good! I need a good spank most of the time :)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

McDonald’s was a stakeholder in Chipotle for awhile, but no more… via wikipedia:

Founded by Steve Ells in 1993, Chipotle had 16 restaurants (all in Colorado) when McDonald’s Corporation became a major investor in 1998. By the time McDonald’s fully divested itself from Chipotle in 2006, the chain had grown to over 500 locations.

Mercurius
    Participant

mbeaumont said:
    That would be where The Lamp Shade currently is. Did they give a specific address?

Doesn’t give exact address:

14374150955 D3 10/02/2013
    D6 10/02/2013
    CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL OF COLORADO LLC
    DBA CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL 2087
    SE CORNER OF N HIGH ST & E 2ND AV
    COLUMBUS OH 43215

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 75 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: