Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chicken Wars at 5th Ave. East & Cleveland Ave.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chicken Wars at 5th Ave. East & Cleveland Ave.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Digital Dave
    Participant

Anybody else think its strange/get the giggles driving by the Popeye’s Chicken/Church’s Chicken at this intersection? The way I see it, there are 2 more corners here so where is KFC and Lee’s Original Recipe?

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

There was a 3rd, local joint I think on the same side as Popeyes.

“there will be crispy”

Rockmastermike
    Participant

yes, that area was known as The Chicken District and one of them burned down.

as discussed previously here https://www.columbusunderground.com/forums/topic/mourning-in-the-chicken-district

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

There’s a KFC down the block next to Wendy’s so that franchise is covered on that block. They’ve been doing some work on the corner where BFC was so I’m really hoping another chicken place goes in there.

Digital Dave
    Participant

Ah. Thanks Mike. You learn something new each day.

Taz Devil
    Participant

Anyone know what is going into the old Popeye’s location? It was supposed to be a Lee’s Famous and then it turned into Buckeye Fried. Hopefully, Lee’s is back in?

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

Anyone know what is going into the old Popeye’s location? It was supposed to be a Lee’s Famous and then it turned into Buckeye Fried. Hopefully, Lee’s is back in?

A lot of permits being issued for renovation. They don’t seem to indicate what it is, but perhaps others will recognize the names involved.
    https://www.buildzoom.com/property-info/1084-cleveland-ave-columbus-oh

It is clearly more than a let’s swap the signs and call it something else renovation.

tlb919
    tlb919
    Participant

Looks like a few of the signage permits indicate it’ll become a Burger King.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Anyone want to invest in a Hot Chicken Takeover franchise?

goldenidea
    Participant

Looks like a few of the signage permits indicate it’ll become a Burger King.

Yep, today I noticed that Burger King signs are now posted on the building. This will be more accessible than the one on W.5th Ave during lunch or dinner times on most days.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: