Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chick-fil-A

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chick-fil-A

Viewing 14 posts - 571 through 584 (of 584 total)
  • Author

Graybeak
    Participant

Floyd Lee Corkins II, the suspect in Wednesday’s shooting ‏at the Washington, D.C., headquarters of the Family Research Council, was carrying 15 Chick-fil-A sandwiches in a bag when he opened fire, according to the criminal complaint filed by the Justice Department on Thursday.

Read More

Twixlen
    Participant

^ That is the weirdest story. Dude is disturbed.

ETA: The security guard did really, really well – it’s hard to imagine what he may have prevented.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    ^ That is the weirdest story. Dude is disturbed.

Apparently he really likes gays. And chicken.

What?

geoyui
    Participant

Exodus International, a recipient of chick-fil-a donation dollars, has renounced reparative therapy.

Twixlen
    Participant

And…. here’s the reversal!

Chick-fil-A says it will stop funding anti-gay groups

The chicken-sandwich chain ignited a furor both online and offline this summer after its COO Dan Cathy said that it was company policy to support “the family — the biblical definition of the family unit.” He stated that in his view, same-sex marriages invite “God’s judgment” and its proponents “have the audacity to define what marriage is about.”

In response, gay rights protesters launched nationwide boycotts and staged same-sex “Kiss-In’s” at Chick-fil-A stores. Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee launched a “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day,” where supporters of the company’s stance on same-sex marriage descended on their local stores to purchase chicken sandwiches en masse.

According to the release by the CRA, the letter stated that chain’s charitable wing “is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.”

geoyui
    Participant

Twixlen said:

Chick-fil-A says it will stop funding anti-gay groups

The chicken-sandwich chain ignited a furor both online and offline this summer after its COO Dan Cathy said that it was company policy to support “the family — the biblical definition of the family unit.” He stated that in his view, same-sex marriages invite “God’s judgment” and its proponents “have the audacity to define what marriage is about.”

In response, gay rights protesters launched nationwide boycotts and staged same-sex “Kiss-In’s” at Chick-fil-A stores. Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee launched a “Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day,” where supporters of the company’s stance on same-sex marriage descended on their local stores to purchase chicken sandwiches en masse.

According to the release by the CRA, the letter stated that chain’s charitable wing “is now taking a much closer look at the organizations it considers helping, and in that process will remain true to its stated philosophy of not supporting organizations with political agendas.”

Based on what I’ve read in your link and on gawker, there has been no confirmation yet from CFA. I hope it’s true of course.

What will be interesting to see if this does turn out to be true, how enraged the supporters of “CFA appreciation day” will be?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Based on what I’ve read in your link and on gawker, there has been no confirmation yet from CFA. I hope it’s true of course.

What will be interesting to see if this does turn out to be true, how enraged the supporters of “CFA appreciation day” will be?

Hopefully not too enraged, probably don’t need to add stress to their cholesterol and bigotry diets.

geoyui
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Hopefully not too enraged, probably don’t need to add stress to their cholesterol and bigotry diets.

Some people handle stress by eating … eating chicken sandwiches!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Twixlen said:

Everyone, get in the car! We’re headed to CFA RIGHT NOW!

JonMyers
    Participant

Yeah, it’s an odd deletion considering the tone of the entire thread, and what the owners of Exit Trinity actually said regardless of this employee.

Disappointing Walker.

mrpoppinzs said:
    Looks like I have been boycotting them too.

It is surpring how many businesses have a religious slant when you delve more into it. My insurance agent keeps telling me how active he is in his church and how pro family values and community he is. Maybe I should ask him what he thinks of ‘the gays’?

There was some similar weirdness with Exit Trinity Realty a while ago.

It appears Walker deleted all the threads.

http://tinyurl.com/6ny5xdh

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just sent you the same PM I sent mrpoppinz. If you have questions for me, you can always ask me…

chick-fil-A is about hate and i dont support hate i am about love. be good yall

News
    Participant

Chick-fil-A CEO Regrets Same-Sex-Marriage Debacle
    Maya Rhodan – March 17, 2014

Dan Cathy, the president and CEO of Chick-fil-A, told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he regrets that the Georgia-based company ever became a synonymous with anti-gay attitudes after he spoke out against Supreme Court’s rulings that recognized same-sex marriage.

READ MORE: http://time.com/27940/chick-fil-a-dan-cathy-gay-marriage/

News
    Participant

S. Truett Cathy, Chick-fil-A founder, dies
    By Saeed Ahmed, CNN
    updated 4:15 AM EDT, Mon September 8, 2014

(CNN) — S. Truett Cathy, who grew his boneless chicken sandwich business from one store in Georgia to the Chick-fil-A chain — a $5 billion company with more than 1,800 locations — died early Monday morning. He was 93. He had been ailing for some time. “He died peacefully at home, surrounded by loved ones,” Chick-fil-A said in a statement posted on its website.

READ MORE: http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/08/us/truett-cathy-chick-fil-a-founder-death/

Viewing 14 posts - 571 through 584 (of 584 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE