Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Chick-fil-A

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Chick-fil-A

• This topic has 583 replies, 69 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by News.
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 584 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

tdziemia
    Participant

Hey can you guys call 911 or somethin’? My owner was reading this thread when all the sudden he started acting like he had a hariball … y’know seriously gagging… I think it had to do with that confession thing that got him laughing so hard he started to like bring stuff up (sorry … I mean I just eat that stuff up, yeah literally, but I think it upets humans so I thought I’d report it).

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

geoyui said:
    that’s a pretty cool site. Apparently when you eat 118 charbroiled chicken club sandwiches, you should donate about $500, or hug a gay person.

But you’ll need that $500 (and more) for medical bills! Don’t give it away! ;)

myliftkk
    Participant

geoyui
    Participant

Here’s a man protesting General Mills support for same sex marriage:

General Mills protester

kit444
    Participant

geoyui said:

General Mills protester

The irony of that flaming protest…

SusanB
    Participant

http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2012/08/options-for-chick-fil-a-fans-with-hearts.html

A lesbian-owned restaurant called Beaver’s, in Houston, has announced the “Chick-On-Chick” Fillet, described as “two loving chicken breasts married on toasty buns with a honey mustard witness and joined in celebration with tolerant fries.”

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

hugh59 said:
    I do not see the FRC as a hate group.

But it looks like they may be on the receiving end of somebody’s hate.
    Shooting At Family Research Council

Rockmastermike
    Participant

dear CU chick-fil-a-thread,
    Saw this today, made me think of you.
    Weather is fine, wish you were here, etc…

kit444
    Participant

geoyui said:

General Mills protester

A sad end to this side story:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/cheerios-burning-protester-dies-867934

Fiery Gay Marriage Opponent Who Torched Cheerios, General Mills Lawn Dies

“The gay marriage opponent whose recent fiery, videotaped protest outside General Mills gained national attention–and triggered a criminal investigation–died over the weekend, according to police.

Michael Leisner, 65, died Saturday while running an errand near his Andover, Minnesota home.”

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

kit444 said:
    A sad end to this side story:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/cheerios-burning-protester-dies-867934

Fiery Gay Marriage Opponent Who Torched Cheerios, General Mills Lawn Dies

“The gay marriage opponent whose recent fiery, videotaped protest outside General Mills gained national attention–and triggered a criminal investigation–died over the weekend, according to police.

Michael Leisner, 65, died Saturday while running an errand near his Andover, Minnesota home.”

According to the news report, he died sitting in his car while waiting for two of his children who were playing tennis. If you want to laugh about his death, be my guest. I feel sorry for the family that just lost its father.

Looking at the comments to that news story, I would say that there are an awful lot of selfish, nasty people out there.

UPDATE

Kit444 was not making light of the man’s death and I have apologized below for my initial erroneous belief to the contrary.

kit444
    Participant

hugh59 said:
    According to the news report, he died sitting in his car while waiting for two of his children who were playing tennis. If you want to laugh about his death, be my guest. I feel sorry for the family that just lost its father.

Please point out where in my post I was mocking or making light of the man’s death.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

kit444 said:
    Please point out where in my post I was mocking or making light of the man’s death.

You are right. You did not make light of his death. In fact, you described it as sad. I hope you will accept my apology. It is tough to read these posts on a cell phone screen.

kit444
    Participant

hugh59 said:
    You are right. You did not make light of his death. In fact, you described it as sad. I hope you will accept my apology. It is tough to read these posts on a cell phone screen.

Apology accepted. Thank you.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

kit444 said:
    Apology accepted. Thank you.

Thanks. Sorry about that. I think that he made a fool of himself for the way he wanted to protest, double a fool for making and posting a video of it. He was not helping his position in any way. Still, I can feel sad for a person’s family, even if he was a fool. The gloating comments at the smoking gun web site were disgusting.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 584 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER